Cost to get to Galveston from airport?

beemergal

I highly doubt you'll be able to get from Bush Intercon to Galveston in 45 minutes - esp not in traffic. More like an hour or so.

Im not sure what the competitive rates are, but galveston limo has it for 110 for two people. But Im guessing with a little bit of research you can find better than that.

http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/index.html

I highly doubt you'll be able to get from Bush Intercon to Galveston in 45 minutes - esp not in traffic. More like an hour or so.

Im not sure what the competitive rates are, but galveston limo has it for 110 for two people. But Im guessing with a little bit of research you can find better than that.

It's a solid 70 miles from Intercontinental to the cruiseport in Galveston. Mr Middy is right...it will take at least 1 hr. 15 min or more!

Houston Hobby to Galveston around 45 minutes not Bush Intercontinental

Not discussing how long it takes...talking about the cost. I thought I had read on some of these threads that it was costing a pretty penny because choices are limited. Trying to decide if there is a business opportunity here

We are paying Z-Limosine 109 + tip for the trip. They weren't the cheapest I found online, but the others didn't respond to my request. I have been advised (via another thread) that a cab is $95. We will have a Towncar, which may likely be more comfortable.

Their address is

www.houston-airport-town-car.com/

Happy Cruising!

Not discussing how long it takes...talking about the cost. I thought I had read on some of these threads that it was costing a pretty penny because choices are limited. Trying to decide if there is a business opportunity here

are you looking to invest or be the operator?

I've run the numbers on this before,

Between the cost of vehicles, insurance, liability insurance, maintenance costs, driver pay, fuel costs, $250 Galveston pier permit, Houston taxi license, advertising and clerical hours, TXDOT stuff, etc. It all adds up quickly.

There's a reason why all the companies charge about the same and there are plenty of companies to choose from. Not that there isn't money in it, but then you'd think there'd be even more companies with their fingers in the pie if it were worth their time. I just know that after running the numbers, I wouldn't touch it and I owned a trucking company for 5 years.

That's the kicker! The cost of chartering the busses quickly adds up against the numbers.

For example, there are about 3000 people embarking on the VOS, most are from TX, LA and OK and drive. Let's say 80% drive to the port, that's a pretty good average for the VOS. That's 2400 people out of the market, leaving 600 more people. Another, lets say 300+ people take the cruise line charter at $45 a person. Not only are you competing in price with the cruise line, but they also have an advantage, if the bus is delayed the ship will wait. You're out the money if the people miss the ship or you need to pay cab fare for everyone because the bus is broken down on the side of the road or there's road construction or an accident. So now you have a market of about 300 people. You can only get a max of 5 round trips in with disembark and embark and that's only if it takes precisely 1 hour from airport pickup to port drop off. That's a maximum of 250people. And that's in perfect conditions with precise scheduling. That's why the cruise lines charter so many buses.

The second hurdle is finding the charter bus(es). I believe that there are about 30 buses chartered in the area on sail day so the pool of available buses is already down. A charter bus is about $850 a day for a 50 person bus. Then you've got to fill it. It's not economical to run half empty buses and people get annoyed if they have to wait more than 30 minutes before hitting the road so scheduling is very important.

I'm from Colorado. That said, I'm not too familiar with Taxi service. And this may be a stupid question. But when you get a Taxi, do you pay per person or can you share a taxi with several people?

If so, it might be worth it to people to share a taxi. The problem with shuttles is you have to wait for a bunch of different people going to different places (different hotels). This can be time consuming.

We are paying Z-Limosine 109 + tip for the trip. They weren't the cheapest I found online, but the others didn't respond to my request. I have been advised (via another thread) that a cab is $95. We will have a Towncar, which may likely be more comfortable.

Their address is

www.houston-airport-town-car.com/

Happy Cruising!

I would be interested in how this works out as I have a group of ladies going on a cruise in May. Last year a group of them rented a limo that was a nightmare. Good thing they flew in the day before because they were about 3.5 hours to get from Hobby to Galveston because of car problems.

I just called and they quoted me $325 for up to 12 people. For a van it is $150 - which isn't bad. They don't provide an champagne (was able to purchase at additional cost with the last company).

• 1 year later...

I have looked into limos and cabs and have decided to rent a car at Houston Intl. You can get a car for under $200 for the week. Parking will cost about $60 for the week also. I'm planning on $40 for gas. So for $300, I have all the transportation I need and its on my schedule. I'm travelling with a family of 4 and all of the limos/cabs that I could find, would have cost me more. Am I missing something? I would think more people would choose this option. I have also read here that some hotels allow you to park for free for the week if you spend the night prior to cruising. Thoughts?

Archived