What's your favorite bar/restaurant in a port?

sunnylasvegas

We have so many experienced cruisers on this board! I think it would be interesting if everyone added their favorite bar or restaurant in the ports they've been to. I'm looking for great places to go in Manzanillo, Puntarenas,

Cartagena, Ocho Rios.

Ours:

Nassau, Bahamas---Senior Frogs

St. Maarten---hot dog/beer at Orient Beach (?)

Cabo san Lucas---Solomon's Landing and Cabo Wabo

Ensenada---Husong's Cantina (OLD bar, lots of character)

Without question...... La Choza in Cozumel. Best guacamole and fajitas ever! They have this amazing house dip that they serve with tortilla chips. It is incredible on their chicken fajitas as well..... Great thread! Nice to see a positive one for a change....

So.... how much do you tip if you bring a child to a port restaurant.... half?...... just kidding!!!!!:D

In Ocho Rios..... if you like Indian food there is a great one at the shopping plaza... I believe it's call Passage to India.... it's on the second floor. Short walk/cab ride from the pier. You will always see a lot of crew members there.... That's the first good sign of any restaurant in a port! They do an Indo/Chinese fusion menu. I recommend the chili chicken.... very spicy but that's what the cold Red Stripe is for!

Senor Frogs in San Juan was a blast especially for those afternoon arrivals. The Margaritavilles in Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman were fun too . They all played great music (classic rock) nice & loud & all 3 places handed out free shots while there. What fun that was, brings back good memories. Can't wait to go back. Enjoy the holidays everybody & have a happy New Years. Jim & Brenda :cool:

Cozumel......Pancho's Backyard. Real, authentic Mexican food prepared fresh with great prices.

Grand Cayman.....Breezes on the waterfront downtown. GREAT drinks...and, if you are ordering lunch, they'll sit you on the verandah which is a great view. I always order the island grilled fish - whatever it is..great peas and rice.........

Nassau - Grey Cliffs.....wonderful gourmet, expensive but worth every dollar. Not always open when ships are in port....check first.

St. Maarten....Antoine's downtown. Been there for over 60 years, waterfront dining - open to the sea...best lobster in town.....

Although I think the food is pretty much run of the mill, we had a fun time at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel.

In Nassau there is a little conch stand right before you exit the building. Its a lady who makes fresh recipies and they were all wonderful. I love conch and having it made fresh by a local was wonderful. And the prices are great too. Definetly a nice stop for a little pre shopping snack.

For food, I'd recommend Palmera's way over Pancho's and that is not a knock on Pancho's. It is very good, but Palmera's is just a lot better. More expensive than PBY but not $$$$ expensive. Just a bit higher. And their 'Ritas will melt your brain. Much more kick than SF & C&C's and much better flavor. Made while you watch, no premix.

For the OP, any M'ritaville is a good time.

Dan

For food, I'd recommend Palmera's way over Pancho's and that is not a knock on Pancho's. It is very good, but Palmera's is just a lot better. More expensive than PBY but not $$$$ expensive. Just a bit higher. And their 'Ritas will melt your brain. Much more kick than SF & C&C's and much better flavor. Made while you watch, no premix.

Dan

I have never been to Panchos but I do know that Palmeras is very good

Senor Frogs in San Juan was a blast especially for those afternoon arrivals. The Margaritavilles in Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman were fun too . They all played great music (classic rock) nice & loud & all 3 places handed out free shots while there. What fun that was, brings back good memories. Can't wait to go back. Enjoy the holidays everybody & have a happy New Years. Jim & Brenda :cool:

We are planning on going to Senor Frogs when we are in San Juan in March - it it close to the port - with in walking distance? We will be on Carnival Triumph

Senor Frogs is very close to the port in San Juan. It is across the street and behind the Sheraton. They have a sign painted on the wall directing you there.

I really like the Palmerias in cozumel. and their Margaritas are STRONG.

3 Amigos right at the port was good too.

In Montego Bay I love the pork pit. It used to be a hole in the wall place but last time I went they had moved it and fixed it up. Still yummy jerk though!

Senor Frogs is very close to the port in San Juan. It is across the street and behind the Sheraton. They have a sign painted on the wall directing you there.

I really like the Palmerias in cozumel. and their Margaritas are STRONG.

3 Amigos right at the port was good too.

In Montego Bay I love the pork pit. It used to be a hole in the wall place but last time I went they had moved it and fixed it up. Still yummy jerk though!

Thanks for the info!!:D

i need a good bar, near the water, in grand cayman........music, good margaritas, etc. tired of doing hard rock.

next, i need a good bar, in cozumel, something other than carlos and charlie's or senor frogs. :-)

we just want something different this time.

Dan

I'd say the other way around for me, Pancho's than Palmera's. :) Just love the lunch special at Pancho's as it's enough for two and the 'Rita's are oh so good! :D One is usually enough for me after two getting back to the ship can become a chore........:p When at Pancho's in September we told our waiter it was our 4th time there in 2 years he brought over free shot's and dessert. Along with all the other waiters who sang to us made for a fun lunch. Of course this is the Pancho's on the Main strip not the one at the newly opened docking area. :rolleyes: We'll try that one out in a couple of weeks and hopefully it will be as good!

Carlos & Charlie's,

Young Dan [over 40] and I were in C&C's. I had a 'rita, OK a few 'ritas. They give you a straw about 2 feet long because the glass is so tall. A waiter strikes up a conversation with me, distracting my attention. Another waiter behind me takes the straw out of my drink and seals the bottom of it with his lighter. The talker walks off and I take a sip of my 'rita, colasping my eardrums and popping my eyeballs out of my head. A good laugh all around. I was wearing a 'boonie' hat and had it hanging from my neck while in the bar. As we left and walked into the sunshine, I went to don the hat. It was full of popcorn. Very playful at C&C's and all in fun.

Dan

Without question...... La Choza in Cozumel. Best guacamole and fajitas ever! They have this amazing house dip that they serve with tortilla chips. It is incredible on their chicken fajitas as well..... Great thread! Nice to see a positive one for a change....

So.... how much do you tip if you bring a child to a port restaurant.... half?...... just kidding!!!!!:D

they have relocated since the fire earlier this year. I ate there in Nov, at the temp qtrs. Love the Eggs amigas..of course my lunch companion was great too! And in PDC..its Ajua..with free "ritas with lunch

I'd say the other way around for me, Pancho's than Palmera's. :) Just love the lunch special at Pancho's as it's enough for two and the 'Rita's are oh so good! :D One is usually enough for me after two getting back to the ship can become a chore........:p When at Pancho's in September we told our waiter it was our 4th time there in 2 years he brought over free shot's and dessert. Along with all the other waiters who sang to us made for a fun lunch. Of course this is the Pancho's on the Main strip not the one at the newly opened docking area. :rolleyes: We'll try that one out in a couple of weeks and hopefully it will be as good!

I got the pic, and sent a TY on here....a fab view of 3 crazy women havinf a great BJ,,tx again..j

We are planning on going to Senor Frogs when we are in San Juan in March - it it close to the port - with in walking distance? We will be on Carnival Triumph

Yeah ,you can stagger back to the ship (no problem) We walked along the long catwalk 1st (along the seashore with more cats than you have ever seen in your life)& then went to the bar afterwards. Can't wait to do it again :D. Enjoy your cruise. Jim & Brenda :cool:

Archived