What's your favorite bar/restaurant in a port?

sunnylasvegas

We have a favorite bar in Coz - Viva Mexico. We call it the treehouse. It is in the shopping area (next to Diamonds International) - but it is above another store. It is a very fun place to hang out and kill a few hours (and brain cells):D It is our favorite place in Coz. Also a stop at Margaritaville shouldn't be missed.

I agree about Senor Frog's in Nassau.

In Progreso: Le Saint Bonnet - the whole fried fish is fantastic as well as the botanas.

In Cozumel: Casa Denis - the conch fritters and cochinita pibil (Mayan pork) .....absolutely the BEST food in Coz

after a semi-nekid pounding on the beach, by the massage girls!

Okay more of an all day event, instead of dinner but...

In Cozumel, I go to Nachi Cocum (by cab). It's a beach resort with all inclusive alcohol and three courses of food, and a lot of it. Best guacamole ever!

This ISN'T a big party bar. But as far as food quality and best Caribbean drink I've ever had:

The Waterfront Cafe - Barbados. Excellent food! And you have NO IDEA what REAL Rum Punch is...until you've had a Bajan Rum Punch. This is NOT that Hi-C Red Punch with clear rum that every one calls Rum Punch in the Caribbean...this is the REAL DEAL!!!

Yes, Nachi is wonderful. One of my favorite port days ever. Spent several hours there then went to Margaritaville. Hope to go back to both one day.

Okay more of an all day event, instead of dinner but...

In Cozumel, I go to Nachi Cocum (by cab). It's a beach resort with all inclusive alcohol and three courses of food, and a lot of it. Best guacamole ever!

Just grinning ear to ear reading this post! :)

Cabo Wabo in Cabo San Lucas is awesome. After you spend 5 day at an all-inclusive that serves only Corona, Budweiser products at Cabo Wabo can bring a certain joy.

A second for the Mailman's place over on Coki Beach in St. Thomas--he took such great care of us. Coki Beach is more of a "local's beach" and the Mailman ROCKS!

Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel is great--way hot and it takes awhile to get a drink, but very entertaining. We prefer to move back to Fat Tuesdays so we can actually SEE the ship later in the day! LOL ;)

Fat Stan's in Ketchikan was great--small, but a great selection--got hooked on Alaskan Amber on that cruise-can't get that back on the East Coast, darn it. The Red Dog Saloon in worth the stop as well--not for the kids, though..humor is a bit adult.

But for DH and me, our most favorite place in the world is Michael's Bar (we think that's what its called). Its a little tiki hut on the beach in St. Maarten--a stones throw to the water and 50 yards from the shopping. We can waste many an hour drinking cold, cheap beer and eating nachos there. :)

My favorite drink EVER was in the little beach bar at Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. Had a bushwaker and OMG! The bartender did the Tom Cruise thing with the bottles, and grated some fresh nutmeg on top.... They say you can't go back, but we are going to try, this Feb! Fingers crossed..

I must echo Pancho's Backyard in Cozumel. Any Margaritaville is fun, but I especially love the ones in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios! Drinks are expensive, but yummy...and the atmosphere was great. Also, our cruise stopped at GC one day...OR the next. The placemats at Margaritaville in GC had coupons for free margaritas at any other Margaritaville. Needless to say, they were used!!

Archived