Confused - Online Check In

Have just booked the Majesty and received confirmation email. It has a section about 'online check in' ............ I have never done this before, just always arrived at desk on the day with e-ticket. So question is, Do I have to check in online ????? Your wise knowledge is much appreciated. Thank you.

Have just booked the Majesty and received confirmation email. It has a section about 'online check in' ............ I have never done this before, just always arrived at desk on the day with e-ticket. So question is, Do I have to check in online ????? Your wise knowledge is much appreciated. Thank you.

I think you do nowadays as they want you to print your own boarding passes.

Someone much wiser will be along soon. However if you are without a printer I guess a Thomson TA would be able to help.

What I want to know is how does my printer always know it has an important document to print just before it clogs up? :confused:

Also if you look in the A-Z guide in the new brochure, top of page 221, it says if you choose not to use the online service they can charge a fee at the check-in, which would indicate that if all else fails you will be able to check in at the airport hope this helps:)

Many thanks for info ............. however now more confused !!!!!! Am I also supposed to 'online check in' for the journey home ...... (will have no internet or printer !!!!!!!!!! Or can I just do my usual and arrive at desk ?

Yes, but you do it at home before you travel.

Don't worry, a few trips and you'll soon have your 'travel agent' certificate. ;):rolleyes::D

As Delboy Trotter once said '' Fromage Frais ''.

I just know im gonna mess the whole thing up,,, booked online ,,, but might sneak into TA sheepishly and grovel for help. Thank you all.

Is it just me or was booking holidays once a lovely experience. Tickets would arrive in post with luggage labels, complimentary peanuts with drinks on the plane, seats you actually fitted into without having your kneecaps pressed up into each nostril.

Yes the good old days . You will be fine don't worry your ta will print off both boarding passes or they will at the airport I know its a worry but it will all work out and remember not everyone has a computer or printer and they have Holliday's just try to chill out and enjoy easy to say I know 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Have done on line check for the last couple of years and always wondered why as we still had to go to the check in desk to drop off luggage at which time the operator seemed to go through the usual time consuming procedure - however came back today from Dubrovnic and everyone had to have pre checked in and then went straight through security to the boarding gates - luggage went straight from the ship and we didn't see it again until we arrived in the UK - never had this before from cruises in Europe on previously from the Carribbean.

Yes we were on the Celebration and absolutely loved it. Been on this ship several times before and noticed some improvements and some things not so good.

Improvements were noted to the standard of food in the main dining room where the menu has been condensed to four courses but we thought the standard was excellent and the menu often included Steak and Lobster which we haven't had as standard on the menu for some time. Also the level of service in the dining room had improved since our last cruise when it had been poor.

The main negative for us was the slow bar service on the open decks and the show lounge. We often resorted to going to the bar for drinks - we have never had to do this on previous cruises.

If you need any further information about this ship please ask me.

Yes we were on the Celebration and absolutely loved it. Been on this ship several times before and noticed some improvements and some things not so good.

Improvements were noted to the standard of food in the main dining room where the menu has been condensed to four courses but we thought the standard was excellent and the menu often included Steak and Lobster which we haven't had as standard on the menu for some time. Also the level of service in the dining room had improved since our last cruise when it had been poor.

The main negative for us was the slow bar service on the open decks and the show lounge. We often resorted to going to the bar for drinks - we have never had to do this on previous cruises.

If you need any further information about this ship please ask me.

We had our check in done at TA and they printed our boarding cards for both ways. We normally do our own, but had paid the £25 to match the internet price, so thought we may as well have it all checked by them, and make sure we had everything we need. Some on Celebration tried to get the return boarding passes printed on the ship but couldn't due to problems, so had to do it at the airport and had a very anxious time in Dubrovnik. Best to get both ways to take with you if you can.

There was a great duo playing in Horizons but I can't remember their names. Most of the entertainment team were heading home with us yesterday so there will be new people on for the summer.