Spirit 2013 news

now back home after kick off week on Spirit so ill start posting all the details that you are waiting for.

Ship - no changes of note,just minor bits and pieces, no tin plate - sorry platinum makeovers, just the same old comfy ship we like.

Staff -barmen first, a few sad changes, tragically barman Al died not long after getting home last year, Sam has left,Mel failed his medical but its rumored he could be back

bar waiters, Grace has left, supposedly to join her boyfriend on princess, Teresa? (used to be teresa but changed her name last year)gone, Elisabeth gone, a few more ukraine ones gone inc Rus???? and larrys girlfriend.

gained a couple of new crackers ex destiny/majesty Mary and Nanita.

i will try and do a roll call of all the bar staff i can put names to later.

Dining staff - please dont ask about compass rose as i never use it, lido pretty much all the same faces , Michael is still keeping us fed late at night.

all ive time for at the moment,brought back the present bar list and the weeks cruise news's so plenty info to be gleaned.

Nanita was one of my favourites on the Majesty last year. She is a terrific waitress and became a friend onboard.

How's she doing?

fits in perfect on Spirit, working with Shine in horizons this week so will be some good laughs up there

cant remember all names or spellings

bar men-horizons-still bonde mornings and nights,colin afternoons and vincent assistant

raffles-still farooq mornings, si afternoons/nights, a new one bapist (ex louis but first time with thomson) win still assistant, claudio has moved to al's job in lido bar

lido-much the same ex claudio

high spirits-much the same ex sam

waiters-cant really think of any lads missing so still there are larry,kushan,henry,nelson,mudi a new one sayeed

waitresses-quite a lot of friendly faces back inc myra,shine(elvis is still in the building?????),natina,elena,diana is presently on majesty but could be back in april

a complete new show team exept one male dancer who joined part way through last year, first impressions were pretty good,only went to two shows as ill have plenty time to see the rest through the year

a new band in high spirits- sound room- quite liked them,dont expect the old same safey stuff though,very little repetion through the week unless requested.

in horizons the boys are back in town, yes the ever popular new dimension's are back, think ill make them some long service medals

raffles pianist better than last year

the usual type of classical duo in gods waiting room

Hi,

See you have got a bar list, i'm sure there will be lots of questions about what is and isn't included on AI on it, but could you advise (as the answer to this question will point us in the right direction for what they have done) if there is a supplement for cans on AI (90p i believe on the new menus on Celebration and Dream, but free on the Majesty still operating from teh old menu - at the moment), as this will let us know which direction they have gone.

Cheers

Hi,

See you have got a bar list, i'm sure there will be lots of questions about what is and isn't included on AI on it, but could you advise (as the answer to this question will point us in the right direction for what they have done) if there is a supplement for cans on AI (90p i believe on the new menus on Celebration and Dream, but free on the Majesty still operating from teh old menu - at the moment), as this will let us know which direction they have gone.

Cheers

the bar list is still the same as last year as far as i can recall, cans still free on AI ,biggest differance is the beer, still cans, but not boddingtons now john smiths and 500ml rather than 440ml so nearer to a pint.

also the house wine is still that very drinkable one (certainly the rose) not like the near vinegar they were serving on celebration in jan.

ps:the beer in the menu still says boddingtons 440ml so im sure they are last years menus

the bar list is still the same as last year as far as i can recall, cans still free on AI ,biggest differance is the beer, still cans, but not boddingtons now john smiths and 500ml rather than 440ml so nearer to a pint.

also the house wine is still that very drinkable one (certainly the rose) not like the near vinegar they were serving on celebration in jan.

ps:the beer in the menu still says boddingtons 440ml so im sure they are last years menus

they ran out of boddingtons last week when we were sailing and its now john smiths

Oh thankyou- I love it when you quote the names of the staff- brings back thoughts of lots of familiar smiling faces.:p

I usually make a note of the names of a few staff in the back of my diary as it is so hard to remember names after a few months- I just have to remember to transfer the information to my new diary ready for the next cruise.

Flopsy

Oh thankyou- I love it when you quote the names of the staff- brings back thoughts of lots of familiar smiling faces.:p

I usually make a note of the names of a few staff in the back of my diary as it is so hard to remember names after a few months- I just have to remember to transfer the information to my new diary ready for the next cruise.

Flopsy

And given how most of us suffer from the same memory issues :confused: isn't it all more amazing the way they remember us!

Its fascinating just think if they could bottle it and sell it to us failing memory because im getting older types on here they would make a fortune. I would certainly buy a bottle beacause I certainly need it. Now where am I oh yes at work, time to go home. Two I will always remember from spirit are spiky and Brian.

Brian was well and working on the Majesty last year, he was heading home to Mumbai end of October. We have not heard if he is back this year, I am sure someone said last year Spikey failed his medical. Also Adrian, Johnny, Conrad and Domingo all well and on the Majesty last year. Happy Days.:):)

Archived