Carnival at age two

bearette

I am looking at cruise on carnival on the Miracle with my twins who will turn 2 a day into the trip. First off will they be considered 2 or is it a must be at the beginning of the cruise thing? How does it work at 2? I doubt they will be potty trained so will that effect participation? What was your experience with a two year old? Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question about turning two during the trip. Hopefully they can attend!

Two year olds do not have to be PT. Just prep a ziplock with a few diapers and a small pack of wipes and write your child's name on it. They told me they would call me on the camp cell phone for a poopy diaper, but luckily we never had an issue. (You get a phone for the week when you sign in on the first or second day)

My son was a bit over two. He enjoyed going to camp to play with the toys, but was totally uninterested in the group activities.

• 1 month later...

We sailed when my son just turned 2 a few weeks earlier. He was not potty trained, we just had to bring diapers and wipes. He hated it though. He cried hysterically for me all 3 times I tried. He was just too young for it. However, we sailed when my daughter was 2.5 & she absolutely loved it, she is much more independent than him. Totally depends on the kid. We are sailing again soon & my son is now almost 3, he's totally ready to go to kids club and has no problems being without me so I have seen a huge huge difference this year & can now understand why other lines don't start their programs until age 3.

I took my twins the week after they turned two. One loved it and one didn't. The staff was great about trying over and over, but I would drop the two of them and then end up getting called because the one wouldn't stop crying. At night once she had fallen asleep in the stroller while we wandered the ship, I would take them back to the club while I had some time out.

Best,

Mia

Yea, I would double check with Carnival about the age thing... you MIGHT be ok..

We cruised with our 2YO in September and they changed diapers no problem, poopy or not, and he LOVED it. Fussed a little at drop off a couple of times, but as soon as we walked away, he turned around and started playing! By the end of the cruise, all the staff were enamoured with him!

I would double check about the age-they may go by the age the day of sailing/first day of cruise). I took my then 2 y/o on his 2nd birthday on NCL (when the used to accept 2y/o) and on Carnival twice as a 2 y/o and had no problems. They will give you a phone so they can contact you if there are any issues. They also change diapers and pull-ups.

Postpone a week if possible.

There was a heated discussion not too long ago on the Carnival board

The child has to be two at embarkation.

It's an insurance issue.

Edited by SadieN