Acquarius sea tours-timing

margaritagirl424

We are on the Celebrity Equinox, 8am and tendering.

Acquarius gave us a pickup time of 8:45am for their tour.

I know we have to walk a bit to meet them, so will we have enough time to make it since we won't be first on the tender. I am assuming we won't be first since we are not booked with a ship tour. If we tender to the north or south terminals, we will have a longer trip to meet them.

any advice would be appreciated:)

thank you

I did ask them and below is their response-they want me to "ensure to get priority position on the tenders" we might not get on an early tender, might be 3rd or 4th-hope they will wait for us:)

This is the time allowance provided to all of our cruise guests - because our tours are longer than the other tours, we have to keep to this schedule.

Our clients finds that the timing works well if they ensure they have priority position on the tenders, as per the information provided below.

I hope that this information is of assistance.

We are on the Celebrity Equinox, 8am and tendering.

Acquarius gave us a pickup time of 8:45am for their tour.

I know we have to walk a bit to meet them, so will we have enough time to make it since we won't be first on the tender. I am assuming we won't be first since we are not booked with a ship tour. If we tender to the north or south terminals, we will have a longer trip to meet them.

any advice would be appreciated:)

Hey there! We just did this tour in April. We tendered to the North terminal. It's only a 2 minute walk from the North/South terminals to the port area. Just turn left down the main road.

We got on our 8am tender and we were there in PLENTY of time to spare for the 8:45am pick up, so I would say as long as you are one of the first 5-10 boats you should be fine. Mario will meet you in the port area under the big blue tent (FYI, he has NO signage posted). He is a short man and will have a red polo shirt and straw hat.

You will really enjoy his tour. He is hilarious. We are planning on going again next April on our cruise we enjoyed our day so much :)

His 1st mate will likely mention being tipped at the end of the trip as well. So just a heads up to bring another $10 or so for him.

He will have pizza and drinks on board for free and also, make sure you stay in the water the whole time for snorkeling so he can get photos of you during that as well.

Enjoy your excursion :)

Hey there! We just did this tour in April. We tendered to the North terminal. It's only a 2 minute walk from the North/South terminals to the port area. Just turn left down the main road.

We got on our 8am tender and we were there in PLENTY of time to spare for the 8:45am pick up, so I would say as long as you are one of the first 5-10 boats you should be fine. Mario will meet you in the port area under the big blue tent (FYI, he has NO signage posted). He is a short man and will have a red polo shirt and straw hat.

You will really enjoy his tour. He is hilarious. We are planning on going again next April on our cruise we enjoyed our day so much :)

His 1st mate will likely mention being tipped at the end of the trip as well. So just a heads up to bring another $10 or so for him.

He will have pizza and drinks on board for free and also, make sure you stay in the water the whole time for snorkeling so he can get photos of you during that as well.

Enjoy your excursion :)

Thank you for these awesome tips! We go next month and your information is much more thorough than what I received from Acquarius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just posted darn near the same question in the Celebrity forums. We're not traveling until November (on the Equinox), but we have the same scenario - arrival at 8 and we're supposed to meet at 8:45.

Can you let us know how well the tendering is handled?

I presume you're not a suite guest that can get priority tendering?

You will not have to wait for the 3rd or 4th tender! If you don't get on the 1st, you'll get on the 2nd....just be in line! Tenders hold LOTS of people!

do they use bigger tenders from the port authority? I'm curious if it matters how many ships are scheduled for GC that day.

I was on the NCL Epic and I'm pretty sure we used lifeboats as the tender boats. They held a lot of people.

I wasn't in a suite. I just picked our tender as soon as we boarded and chose #1. Maybe look into your ship's tendering booking process so you know when they are available.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very short tender ride. I was worried about making it on time and got off the ship as soon as we could. We ended up waiting an hour since we got there so early and he ended up waiting for some late customers.

The pictures they provide are great and the small group makes for a pleasurable experience. We had a very small group behind our boat compared to the herds being shipped in on others. That alone makes it worthwhile, but we also enjoyed the snorkeling in the coral and starfish beach.

It's a very short tender ride. I was worried about making it on time and got off the ship as soon as we could. We ended up waiting an hour since we got there so early and he ended up waiting for some late customers.

The pictures they provide are great and the small group makes for a pleasurable experience. We had a very small group behind our boat compared to the herds being shipped in on others. That alone makes it worthwhile, but we also enjoyed the snorkeling in the coral and starfish beach.

I'm guessing you were travelling during daylight savings time? over an hour would mean you got to port at 7 AM local time?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing you were travelling during daylight savings time? over an hour would mean you got to port at 7 AM local time?

We got to shore around 8:05. We then waited over an hour because there was a late group from one of the other ships.

We got to shore around 8:05. We then waited over an hour because there was a late group from one of the other ships.

So I assume your boat didn't actually get to GC at 8 AM? How long did it take from boat arrival to onshore at 805?

I'm worried people are comparing apples to oranges. It's odd that they don't adjust their tour times for daylight savings if the ships all roll into town an hour later when it's not daylight savings time.