Disembarkation at MIA - FTTF/Self-Assist

Cruising4

Hi,

I'm considering an 11:15 flight out of MIA.

Would doing Self-Assist and FTTF get us off the ship faster?

Do you wait in your cabin until your group is called? Can someone explain the disembarking procedure?

Thank you.

We did self-assist when we were on our Liberty cruise this past April (when Liberty was still based out of Miami). We were finally called shortly after 8AM for "self-assist". We purchased the airport transfer (round trip) through Carnival and we arrived at MIA right around 9AM. I can't remember exactly how long the whole process took but we were at our gate at MIA just before 10AM. Most of our time was spent walking through the airport and that morning there was not much in the way of lines, but I'm sure that's not always the case. We were traveling over spring break (week before Easter).

I'm attaching the handouts from Carnival during the last night of our cruise that explain the disembarking procedures. With the "self assist", we kept our luggage in our room but you'll have to carry it yourself. We had no problem with that. There will be some stairs and escalators that you'll need to get it down. When "self assist" is called, it's shortly after the ship clears. The morning we arrived back in Miami there were no announcements made until shortly before they

scan0121.jpg

scan0122.jpg

scan0082.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

If you have FTTF you will be given a letter explaining your debarkation options the last day of the cruise.

Self assist for Diamond/Platinum and FTTF happens first and you are usually told to wait in the theater or lounge.

General self assist happens next and you can wait in your cabin and they call you down by deck.

Zone number debarkation happens after all the self assist guests are off the ship and FTTF always gets Zone 1 tags and are also directed to wait in a lounge.

I prefer self assist (I'm Diamond) not because I necessarily want to be off the ship first, but I want to get through Customs before a thousand people are already in line.

Sorry my last post ended in mid-sentence. This computer has a mind of it's own today and I was not able to edit on time. What I was saying is that the morning we arrived back in Miami, there were no announcements made until right before they started the debarkation process. We were starting to wonder about that since they had announcements every other morning of the cruise. Hope this helps.