Adventure Ocean Quantum Maiden

Hi Everyone,

Cant seem to find an answer to my question so thought I would ask here,

We are on the 2nd November sailing to NY, with our daughter, Will everything be up and running on this sailing, in particular will Adventure Ocean be running a full service, I cant seem to find out, When I last spoke to RCI the ship has AO, but i got the feeling it was a generic answer and not specific to this sailing.

I know there are not many kids on this sailing, and generally i gather not many do TA's so just wondering now if it will be up and running

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help you, but I'm hoping you'll write back and let us know about your Adventure Ocean experience. We'll be on the inaugural and are very curious about any changes or how they're running AO. Has there been any 'reveal' about the AO Area?

I have asked again via telephone and been told yes it's running normally. I am also on the indy at the moment and the cruise sales dept has also assured me it's normal service and she also tells me that she will be transferring to quantum on its maiden. I hope it's as good as the one on indy. Daughter can't get enough of it which is not like her at all with kids clubs

My sole previous experience of a TA was on Independence of the Seas (then the largest cruise ship in the world) in April 2010. My 3 kids represented about 5-10% of the kids on-board. The cruise before ours had 500+ kids on board, so you can imagine the supervision-to-kids ratio was exceptionally high on our cruise. Bottom-line the Ocean Adventure staff had an easy time but the kids still had a great time. The Ocean Adventure programme run was an amended one to take into account the lower numbers, but that was to the kids benefit. On this TA our kids are staying at home because of school.

• 2 weeks later...