toosaxykk's Legendary Trip North to Alaska

toosaxykk

DH and I just got off the Legend June 28th and we LOVED it! It was the trip of a LIFETIME. We spent 5 days pre-cruise in Seattle/ Vancouver and 1 day post-cruise in Seattle as well. I have a blog about it all as well as our previous cruises. All with tips and tricks and etc.

I have the Alaska blog with all of our activities, tips and tricks PLUS TONS of pictures ready! I post in daily entries and I will just continued to post the links in this thread. I have tried to copy and paste but the pictures do not come through!

I will also scan in the Legend FunTimes this weekend! I hope this helps some of y'all trying to plan your adventure to Alaska!

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2016/07/a-legendary-trip-north-to-alaska-seattle.html

Quick, write more! We leave for Seattle at 4:30am on Saturday for our July 12th adventures on the Legend. The pics you posted of the various areas of the ship were great. My husband and I have been on the Spirit, so we're familiar with the ship since they're "sister ships," but it will be new to the other couples coming with us. I've shared your blog link with them.

OK, I've gotta tell you... your kids expressions in that main pic from your 2015 cruise just totally cracked me up. My caption would be, "Are we having fun yet?" :-)

Quick, write more! We leave for Seattle at 4:30am on Saturday for our July 12th adventures on the Legend. The pics you posted of the various areas of the ship were great. My husband and I have been on the Spirit, so we're familiar with the ship since they're "sister ships," but it will be new to the other couples coming with us. I've shared your blog link with them.

OK, I've gotta tell you... your kids expressions in that main pic from your 2015 cruise just totally cracked me up. My caption would be, "Are we having fun yet?" :-)

I will post 2 more today. I'm still editing the last 3 days :(

The family picture was our 1st cruise with the kids and yeah it was... Memorable! But in the long run they loved it and are now dying to go again.

Also, I will try to post a few more pics of the ship this afternoon. Thanks again for following along.

Our 1st (and only) seaday was AMAZING and we had a blast! Plus we were able to spot 8 whales from our balcony! This is practically unheard of!

Stephen's Passage (as you approach Alaska) is the place to be on the lookout for these gorgeous beasts!

Thanks for following along! I hope this helps some of y'all planning your adventure to Alaska!

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2016/07/a-legendary-trip-north-to-alaska-sea.html

Yay!!! Love the review!! We leave on Tuesday.....BTW What deck was the broken laundry on? :rolleyes:

I have to do some as well (trying to underpack - thought I think I have already failed...and will do some on the ship). How did the ship's laundry end up working out? How did your stuff look when it go back?

How hot was the muster drill? Our last cruise (also on the Legend) was to the Caribbean and my oldest daughter passed out. :( We have now figured out some of the health issues that cause it but she is still very heat intolerant. I was hoping an hot muster drill wouldn't be as much of an issue but I guess we will see.

Last time we left the drill and they look us to the lounge that had a/c for the rest of it.

Can't wait to see more of the review!!! :)

Yay!!! Love the review!! We leave on Tuesday.....BTW What deck was the broken laundry on? :rolleyes:

I have to do some as well (trying to underpack - thought I think I have already failed...and will do some on the ship). How did the ship's laundry end up working out? How did your stuff look when it go back?

How hot was the muster drill? Our last cruise (also on the Legend) was to the Caribbean and my oldest daughter passed out. :( We have now figured out some of the health issues that cause it but she is still very heat intolerant. I was hoping an hot muster drill wouldn't be as much of an issue but I guess we will see.

Last time we left the drill and they look us to the lounge that had a/c for the rest of it.

Can't wait to see more of the review!!! :)

We were on deck 7 and they "fixed" it on the 2nd day but we noticed in day 7 there was a sign in the door saying "getting repairs come back later".

The muster drill was somewhat hot but not like you will have in the Caribbean. I will say that this muster drill was WAY more detailed than ANY I have been to before. And look a lot longer.