Differences between Radiance Class and Vision Class

My only two cruises on RCI have been on a Vision-class ship, and I didn't like the cruise experience either time. There were a bunch of reasons for that, but one of them was that I didn't like the ship itself. I thought the Enchantment was way too bright, with far too many slippery hard floors. And those tiny showers--I can't even.

However, RCI has a terrific 11-night Arctic Circle itinerary in 2016 on the Serenade. I think I can make the service/dining/solo problems I have with RCI work if I make some changes in the way I eat and somewhat modify my expectations, but can somebody provide a basic description of what's different about the Radiance-class? What I've been able to find out so far leads me to believe they're just bigger Vision-class ships with more windows letting in even more bright light. Are there more carpeted areas? I gather inside cabins are a good bit larger, but are the showers still so tiny, or are they more Carnival, Cunard and NCL-sized? Curtained or clam-shell? How are the showers in the spa/gym area, if that should become necessary?

Not sure if you are talking the entrance tile floor to the Solarium on Enchantment, but on Vision I almost wiped out once or twice and on Brilliance not an issue! It was something about the tile structure and if slightly wet it felt almost like a skating rink! They need to put tread strips or something!

Radiance has a lot of glass and those bank of water view elevators from the 12 to 2 and I enjoyed it because I always felt I was headed to the sea for dinner! I have missed those elevators on my last 2 cruises!

For the solo dinning you could sign up for My Time Dinning and go into the none reservations and get potentially group with a bunch of people each night which can be fun, or go for traditional with a 6 or 8 table! Enjoy!

Our first cruise was on the Serenade and it "won us over" to cruising.

The main thing that I like about the Radiance class ships is that the Windjammer is in the back of the ship and there is out-door dining on an open (covered) deck. Also like all the glass and glass elevators facing the ocean. When I cruise I like to feel like I am on the ocean and not in a large mall or resort.

Just my opinion.

I loved all the natural light on serenade due to the large side windows. however if you thought enchantment was too bright, i'd be a bit worried that Serenade would be blinding.

Don't remember any slippery floors

Edited by CT Sean