reviews of my favorite Port Everglades Pre-post cruise hotels

Moviegirlnyorlando

We have a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in a week and a half but are driving down (because it means one less night away from our dogs and we live close enough to drive from Orlando if we leave early) but wanted to share with you my first hand extensive knowledge of hotels near port everglades. I used to travel there every one to two months for business and have been to several very close to port Everglades some for extended times and week or more starts, some overnight stays. I have stayed in all of these resorts several times. For costs, ease and overall comfort I recommend embassy suites as my first.Choice. I think it may be the closest hotel to the port. but the other three are all wonderful hotels as well. You may find cheaper motels, too but these all full service hotels will add to your vacation experience all are Hilton or Marriott brands, the only hotels I like staying in . I mostly just stay in Marriott brands which include ritz Carlton but my previous companies preferred hotel chain was hilton so have stayed in them as well

Here goes

1) Embassy Suite is close to the port and very nice. I stayed there many times on business l it's walking distance to a shopping center with a supermarket, total wine ( to buy your wine to bring on board) several shops likes Ross and Marshall's, a good Mexican restaurant, and outback and Eve a massage envy for a pre cruise massage. They have a great hot buffet breakfast with eggs/omelets to order and a full two hour , all you can drink happy hour with free well drinks, house wine and draft beer and a few nibble snacks like popcorn , chips and dip and chex mix, they also have a restaurant full bar, room serive a nice pool, hot tub and even a sauna, all rooms are suites with a separate living room with pull out couch, fridge microwave and coffee maker also

2) hilton garden inn is nice too it's on the intercostal and has a water taxi stop by the pool where you can take the fabulous ft Lauderdale water taxi to the beach. They have suites too with full mini kitchens and separate living rooms both hotels easily fit 3-4 ppl a room. The hilton is walking distance from the galleria mall. The mall has upscale shopping and restaurants I think a Talbots a Macy's and morel the hotel also offer a nice brunch on weekends and also room service and table service for lunch and dinner and a full bar.

Also I love love love:

3) Marriott vacation club rooms right on the beach

Marriott vacation villas Have full kitchens and gorgeous balconies overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. When we stayed there we had a two bedroom villa and the master bath a a jacuzzi. I don't think free breakfast was offered but the rooms accommodation, view and location to the beach are amazing

and the neighboring

4) Ritz Carlton on the beach. Also next door to the vacation club .. The ritz is the most upscale of the above and very luxurious with a full service spa that is totally amazing, it is either 5 star or very high 4 star and the most upscale hotel near the port for discerning travelers. It's gorgeous. Thier spa is full service and luxurious and you would get better spa treatments here then on the boat and much better service

both the ritz & the Marriott vacation club are right on the beach and up high in the sky with the garage under the hotel. They are walking distance to many restaurants and shops on Fort Lauderdale beach. One of the little shopping centers on the beach even has a little nail salon if you want to get your nails done or a pedicure cheaper then the ritz spa. I recommend either of them if you are staying a few days prior as you can really enjoy the beach at either.

I know the embassy has park an cruise parking packs if your are driving it also offers free shuttle to the airport and port everglades. All for hotels are very short shuttle or cab rides from port everglades . Call hotels about available parking and shuttle,

Thanks for sharing this.

We also like the Lago Mar Resort.

So many nice choices as you have noted.

Keith

Yes definitely better options for nice hotels then port Canaveral or port of Tampa.

Of one doesn't mind about a 45 minute drive amd plan on parking at the pier but want to stay overnight in Florida both the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach and The breakers palm beach are 5 star hotels with amazing luxurious amenities, when we staid last at the Ritz Carlton palm beach we walked past the fitness center and who did we see on the treadmill but Ringo Starr. Both are amazing, amazing hotels. The breakers is an older hotel with much history, I've never stayed there but ate there for dinner a few times when we were staying at the Ritz palm beach. I adore that hotel as it allows me to bring my small dog. It even gives you a Waterford crystal water bowl for your pets. It's over the top luxury and the private beach there is pristine

Moviegirl, thanks for sharing but I am going to offer a few corrections so as to not to mix up CC members looking for hotels. Sorry, not trying to be critical as I know your intentions are great.

1) Ross is the only big store in the Embassy Suites area other than grocery, wine, hardware, Dollar Tree and Office Depot. There has never been a Marshall's, but there are a few small boutiques including a great consignment shop, the Prissy Hen.

2) The Hilton Garden Inn is south of the FLL airport by Stirling Rd in Dania. The hotel by Galleria Mall is Doubletree Gallery One. It has been a Doubletree for as long as I can remember. Talbots at the mall closed.

There is a Marriott resort right on the beach - called Marriott Harbor Beach. It is directly on the beach - not across the street like all the other hotels, save the Lago Mar. It is an extremely nice property with many features. The Marriott family spends Christmas here every year.

I also would add the W to the list if you're looking for something funky, contemporary, with a "south beachy" vibe.

There is also a Hilton, next door to the W which is a very nice contemporary property, too, directly across from the beach.

Back closer to the port I would also recommend the Hyatt Pier 66 which has fantastic views of the entire port from the Tower (book yourself into the Tower, not the low-rise Garden/Lanai rooms). They are now offering a park and cruise deal which may be of interest to those driving to the port.

And there's also the Hilton Marina across the intercoastal from the Hyatt which also has lovely views of the entire port.

Both these last two hotels have water taxi stops, too.

Or, if you're driving down and just want a nice hotel that will keep your car and transfer you to the port, the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Downtown Las Olas Area has a "Ship and Shore Package" for only $269 that includes "free parking for the entire duration of your cruise." This is especially valuable for cruises longer than 7 nights!

Or, if you're driving down and just want a nice hotel that will keep your car and transfer you to the port, the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Downtown Las Olas Area has a "Ship and Shore Package" for only $269 that includes "free parking for the entire duration of your cruise." This is especially valuable for cruises longer than 7 nights!

My sister usually stays at the Hampton . I get a substantial Marriott or ritz Carlton discount so usually stay there. When I used to travel for Fort Lauderdale for business I used to stay mostly at the embassy suite or Hilton near the galleria. The embassy sweet is really close to the port and many restaurants and a toots wine if you want to get some bubbly to carry onl