Winterfest Boat Parade - Fort Lauderdale December 14!

brunello22

For anyone staying in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow evening, December 14 - the Winterfest Boat Parade is a must-see! And the weather forecast for tomorrow evening should be spectacular in the 70s - 80s!

Check here for the parade route, viewing locations, and bridge openings/closings:

http://www.winterfestparade.com/index.php

Some people have asked about which waterfront restaurants are good to view the parade. Just south and north of the Oakland Park Blvd bridge is Chart House, Flip Flops, and Bokampers, however each restaurant is charging between $75-$85 per person (some food and drinks included). :eek:

Yes, we are having a viewing party on the big boat and will be anchored out.

Should be a spectacular evening!

Anyone who wants to dine out and watch on the cheap, Cheesecake Factory has outside tables right beside the restaurant that you can see the New River from but I'm sure the area from the Riverside Hotel entrance to the water will be packed.

Yes, we are having a viewing party on the big boat and will be anchored out.

Should be a spectacular evening!

Anyone who wants to dine out and watch on the cheap, Cheesecake Factory has outside tables right beside the restaurant that you can see the New River from but I'm sure the area from the Riverside Hotel entrance to the water will be packed.

Oh, that sounds like fun! I shall be on the look out for my invite from you next year! :D Have a super time!

We are having a small gathering at our house then we will walk over to the Intracoastal. Earlier this week we scoped out a small vacant lot in between two apartment buildings, so hopefully it works out! I think the marina next to Flip Flops is also charging for viewing spots for $25 pp, so that might be a last option if we are considered "trespassing"!

Any webcam sites we could watch it on during our snow storm tomorrow night?

And is there a parade in Miami too?

One of the local (Miami) news stations may be showing it live. The Hard Rock may have a web cam since they are the big sponsor.

Right now it is seven degrees above zero (Fahrenheit) in New Hampsha with a foot of snow predicted to fall tonight and tomorrow morning. Oh how I wish that I could be in Fort Lauderdale in person to view this parade!!:D

Right now it is seven degrees above zero (Fahrenheit) in New Hampsha with a foot of snow predicted to fall tonight and tomorrow morning. Oh how I wish that I could be in Fort Lauderdale in person to view this parade!!:D

Let me tell you it is nice and I don't take it for granted!! Would it tick you off to know that it is too hot for my Christmas sweater tonight?

It's 82 here right now according to the Weather Channel.

Edited by BlueHerons

Let me tell you it is nice and I don't take it for granted!! Would it tick you off to know that it is too hot for my Christmas sweater tonight?

It's 82 here right now according to the Weather Channel.

I am not ticked off at all! Although, maybe a little jealous.;)

We shall arrive in Fort Lauderdale on January 1st and we are looking forward to some sun and warmth!

Edited by tip