Martini Bar on Koningsdam?

tbmrt

Is there a martini bar on the Koningsdam? I am currently booked on the Celebrity Reflection and may need to change my cruise. My husband's favorite spot on the Reflection was the Martini Bar.

I don't even know what to say to this. lol

I am guessing it was the ambience he loved? If so, I am sure he'll find a suitable replacement in one of the many venues on Koningsdam. Don't limit life's experiences. Embrace the adventure!

I empathize with your question TBMRT, the Martini Bar concept on Celebrity is unique, and is more entertaining than most bars on ships. Carnival has the Alchemy Bar, somewhat modeled after the Martini Bar on Celebrity, without the frozen bar surface. Both bars entertain the clientele rather than simply mix drinks, and the drinks are unique, tasty blends and concoctions.

We are on Koningsdam for Christmas this year, and are wondering the same as your husband. While I am sure there is no lack of atmosphere, and plenty of booze on Koningsdam, I am not convinced they have something similar to the Martini Bar. None the less, I am sure Koningsdam will fulfill all necessary requirements!

Edited by Richjoxyz

Yes, DH loves the ambiance of the martini bars on Celebrity with the fun, entertaining, bartenders doing shows, etc.

He's really loyal to Celebrity because of this.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Zaandam back in March and I kid you not the Martini bar was just fabulous! It was by far the funnest place on the ship. There was a martini tasting every night and the bartender put on quite a show with tricks, stories and jokes. There were only a few people who went to the martini tasting at first but by the end of the trip we had standing room only. I was hoping the Koningsdam would have something similar, but it sounds like maybe not... we aren't booked till next May so maybe they'll add something similar by then. TBMRT check out the Zaandam - Richard was our bartender and everyone just loved him. He even made us all gifts the last night of the cruise!

There isn't a "flair bar" but as mentioned there's a bartender here or there that might.

If the atmosphere around the atrium and a big passenger traffic hub is enjoyed then Ocean Bar would be a good spot.

The other ships in the fleet have a Grey Goose martini menu in the Pinnacle Bar, but as there isn't a Pinnacle Bar on this ship I'm not sure where they have those menus available. It might actually be the Ocean Bar as that's adjacent to the Pinnacle Grill on Koningsdam