Live Posting - Celebrity Summit 7/7

All aboard!!! DH and I are so excited to embark on our new adventure to Bermuda. We will be live posting for our cruise. So stay tuned!

We stayed in NJ over night and ubered to the cruise terminal and boy, was it easy! We had a great Uber driver, Freddie who gave us a little history of the area while we were driving.

Although it was raining, Celebrity ensured that my hair did not get wet!!! They took our bags and put them in the carts based on the room location. Wonder if that will speed up the baggage process?

We walked into the terminal and we didn't stop walking! We checked in and went directly on the ship. Easy breezy process!!

We are enjoying some complimentary champs at the lounge while waiting for our room!

Here's to a great trip! Stay tuned for updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be interested to read your postings of this cruise on the Summit.

I read doggfan7's review and opinion of the ship.

Interested in reading your experiences on the ship as young friends (40 something couple and DS age 10 and DD age 7) have recently booked a cruise on the Summit to Bermuda for next July.

I hope you enjoy your cruise and Bermuda.

We have visited Bermuda many,many times-it is a lovely country.

Bon Voyage !

The rooms were ready at 1pm!! We couldn't believe it. DH and I decided to have a drink at the bar to beat the crowds for the elevator. The lounge was empty!!Our waiter was lovely. I asked for a rose and he immediately asked if I wanted a sweet or dry rose. I appreciated that!

We got to our rooms around 1:40 and half of our luggage was already here. This has been such an easy process and far better than our last cruise on NCL.

We had lunch in the MDR which was designated for the Concierge Class and it was lovely. Totally forgot to take pictures but will make sure to do so at dinner.

We both had the Caesar salad as an app. I chose the salmon with capers and taters, while DH chose the chicken. Not too shabby and it was nice to have those choices for the first lunch. DH and I made dinner reservations for 8:30 and specifically requested a table for two. We ended up dining with another couple at lunch.

While at lunch and in the lounge we noticed a handful of teenagers.

We are 40 somethings who do not have children. We will keep our eyes peeled for the kids and activities. I do have to say they are showing Beauty and the Beast outside tonight!! What a great film.

DH wants me to mention that we received so many goodies when we got to our room: two travel duffle bags, sparkling wine, and extra OBC.

Wish me luck at the slot tourney tonight!!!

I believe the captain's changed today. Would you be able to post a picture of "In the Spotlight" and The Celebrity Today? I try to keep track of changes on board.

Looks wonderful! Have an amazing trip! Do you know if you can use iMessage or the app to text each other on the ship using the free wifi? We were able to do that on Royal Caribbean and wondered if it is the same on Celebrity.

Looks wonderful! Have an amazing trip! Do you know if you can use iMessage or the app to text each other on the ship using the free wifi? We were able to do that on Royal Caribbean and wondered if it is the same on Celebrity.

I will look into this... there is no free wifi and actually the wifi package went up an additional 50 bucks after we got on the ship. We have service (so just your normal texting charges) while in NYC and when we got to Newport. We did not have any service last night.

Hi all!! Sorry for the delay! DH and I enjoyed a cocktail or 7374738 last night and we slept in!!

Last nights dinner was tasty. I will add the menu and pics. DH and I tried three of the apps and three of the meals (sigh, we are on vacation, calories don't count) and we were not disappointed. We had amazing service and actually requested to have the same crew again tomorrow.

Important note: if you booked select dining and def want to eat in the MDR, you must make reservations. The early seating was full and people without reservations were being turned away when we went to dinner at 8:30.

After dinner we did the slot tourney and I lost entirely too much money playing Kitty Glitter.

We checked out the martini bar and was pleased that it was a full service bar. I wanted an espresso martini and DH wanted a nutty Irishman (neither on the menu) and were made for us! Tasty.

We then went to one of the lounges to check out karaoke and it was DEAD. There were three groups of people and after karaoke they all left!!! The bar remained open and there was a band playing but clearly everyone decided to make it an early night. We ended the night with a walk around the ship. Lovely!891c5e4181f592c03b5da2955cc702c4.jpgfb8ba030fae794198108a3b8ca47e04c.jpgc652e99630a3d19d72d855ac69713180.jpg53ee823b77abff3d49e83b8b9e753fa1.jpg71723b0da3eb781bd5e7a74702ef052b.jpg8697aa636b93be6dde3e731c18c90c4e.jpg

Thanks so much for posting Live from this sailing. My husband and I were originally scheduled to sail with you but had to cancel.

I'm excited to read about your travels. Almost as good as being there ( haha - not quite).

Debbie

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app