Turtle Bay - Big Island??

Cruiseoholic000

Check here for Turtle Bay reviews

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60651-d87158-Reviews-Turtle_Bay_Resort-Kahuku_Oahu_Hawaii.html

Please note that Turtle Bay is located on the island of Oahu. Oahu is not "The Big Island" but has the largest city- Honolululu.

Here are some links to hotels on the Big Island (the island of Hawaii)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2219999-Kohala_Coast_Island_of_Hawaii_Hawaii-Hotels.html

Edited by Crazy planning mom

Turtle Bay is on the north shore of Oahu. It is indeed a bay, but more known for the resort there (aka Turtle Bay Resort).

Now, there IS a little place on the Big Island where I've always seen one turtle swimming around when I was snorkeling, Kahala'u Bay. It is where I always go my first day on the Big Island to get back into my BI routine. Not a sandy beach, more like very small pebbles, and it is mostly lava rock entrance into the water. But, I always see plenty of friendly fish there - it's the fish, not the coral, that you go for here. The beach park also has restrooms and showers, making it a nice spot for a quick trip off the ship at Kailua-Kona!

Does anyone have any information on Turtle Bay on the Big Island? I am looking for a address and review of the area.

Yes, the Turtle Bay Resort is on Oahu's Northshore away from the hustle and bustle of Honolulu and Waikiki. It is about an hour from Waikiki if you cut north past Dole Pineapple toward Haleiwa. We stayed there for 3 nights a couple years ago. The resort has a variety of accomodations from hotel, to condo to deluxe ocean front cottages. We did not spend a lot of time on the resort itself, but rather spent our days exploring the Northshore and the Windward Coast. The resort has our favorite restaurant on all of O'ahu, LuLu's on the golf course. They have ( I hope ) a huge pork roast with cherry rum sauce. It's big enough to share, and they don't mind. Very reasonable prices for Hawaii. You can take the alternate route coming back and return to Honolulu through the center of the island from the Windward coast.

For info, just google Turtle Bay Resort, I think it is still a Hilton property, or Northshore O'ahu, or Circle Island Tour. Print out a good map of O'ahu so you can identify the location of places you'll see mentioned.