Started Your Own Vanity Travel Web Site & Now It's Out of Control?

Rosethorn40

About a year ago I decided to make my own Vanity Travel Web site to showcase stories and photos of my Grand Tour of Europe in Segments. Originally I just wanted it to be about Cruising Europe, but it has morphed into something that is out of control (In a good way). First I added stories from our tropical destination cruises, then USA trips, finally I started blogging a little, and recently I added a tab for reviews of travel logs that I plan to write "Some Day."

Anyone else feel that their blog or site owns them, instead of the other way around?

• 2 weeks later...

We do live blogs when we travel and I love to do them. Sometimes I feel the pressure to get the blog post written and photos uploaded but otherwise I just enjoy it all. It provides a nice opportunity for us to go back and relive past adventures.

Keith

I started blogging my cruises last year. I used to write in a travel diary and always put it off. Reading back through those old ones I find I did not give much detail. Now that my "diary" is in blog form for the world to see, I give much better descriptions of things and having the relevant pictures makes it even better.

I look forward to writing my blog on each cruise and when I get home not writing a blog post each day is just one more way I have to get used to "real life" again.:D