Best/Hip/Trendy South beach Miami hotel ??

weebobby

Hi all

We have a cruise booked on Getaway on June 27th and we have 4 nights beforehand in Miami. We have stayed in Miami once before and stayed at the Z Ocean which we enjoyed.

This time we would like to stay a little further up the beach and prices are very reasonable at hotels for our dates. We are looking for a "Best/Hip/Trendy" hotel to chill out.

I can get the Fontainebleau or the new Edition hotel for under $200 per night ?

Does anyone have anything positive/negative to say on either hotel or an alternative ?

Thanks

My guess is that by mid-June, neither will be the best/hip/trendy hotel n SoBe. :D:eek: This changes daily depending on who's behind the listing.

If the reviews you've seen are good (check trip advisor) and if both are near the trendy hip places you want to party at or eat at, and the price is right, book it! Go! Enjoy! :)

The Fountainbleu isn't in South Beach if that matters.

It's pretty cool.

Agree this place is huge and very "cool". But if you are looking for late night clubs and typical "hot" SOBE action , it really isn't that.

Agree this place is huge and very "cool". But if you are looking for late night clubs and typical "hot" SOBE action , it really isn't that.

Actually, there is quite a bit of nightlife at the hotel. LIV is probably the hottest nightclub in Miami is in the hotel along with a bunch of other places.

Also, The Forge is right around the corner.

Hi all

Thanks so much for the information!!!

Yes I should of been clearer - I am aware of the location of the different hotels. Don't mind being higher up eg Middle Beach as was in the heart of South Beach last time ( Z Ocean ).

My wife really wants to try the Fontainebleau so I may go for it as there doesn't seem to be anything that anyone is saying is better at the same price point and the rate for 4 nights for a basic room ($750) seems very good.

Hi all

Thanks so much for the information!!!

Yes I should of been clearer - I am aware of the location of the different hotels. Don't mind being higher up eg Middle Beach as was in the heart of South Beach last time ( Z Ocean ).

My wife really wants to try the Fontainebleau so I may go for it as there doesn't seem to be anything that anyone is saying is better at the same price point and the rate for 4 nights for a basic room ($750) seems very good.

Their pool area is really off the charts.

Beware you will get nickel and dimed to death there and it is expensive(cover charge for LIV on just a regular night is $50). You may want to bring a cooler with you for drinks and snacks or you could easily end up with bill larger than your room stay.

Have a blast! You'll love the Fountainbleu!

• 3 weeks later...