Arrange to meet the dancers

asda

Would p&o allow my 16 year old niece meet and have a chat with the dancers on ventura. She's been dancing since she was 3 and has been on stage at he palace theater a few times this year she will be starting at dance college. She would love to see them do a rehearsal . As anyone ever asked about this?

I really don't know the answer to your question but I would have thought either a prior phone call to P&O or asking Cruise Director once on board would help you to find out. I suspect that if anybody has had the experience you want for your niece, it may have been a favour and not normal practice and therefore dependent on the cruise director / theatre group onboard.

Would p&o allow my 16 year old niece meet and have a chat with the dancers on ventura. She's been dancing since she was 3 and has been on stage at he palace theater a few times this year she will be starting at dance college. She would love to see them do a rehearsal . As anyone ever asked about this?

On our last cruise the CD arranged an afternoon chat with the Headliners in the theatre and plenty of questions were taken from the floor and good responses from most of them.

Alternatively look out for them in the gym and the buffet.

On some cruises I have seen a backstage tour with the Headliners offered in the Horizon.

If I were your niece I would write a brief letter, directly to the Headliners,( do they still have a photo board with names near the theatre? ), and leave it at the pursers desk for delivery.

I think a personal request made directly, is more likely to receive a reply, if they have the time to accommodate.

On some cruises I have seen a backstage tour with the Headliners offered in the Horizon.

If I were your niece I would write a brief letter, directly to the Headliners,( do they still have a photo board with names near the theatre? ), and leave it at the pursers desk for delivery.

I think a personal request made directly, is more likely to receive a reply, if they have the time to accommodate.

Thank you everyone. Thats a good idea about leaving a note at pursers desk. Thanks

On the Oriana back in February, there were a couple or so shows where the Headliners greeted us guests outside the theatre as we left after their show. Anyone was free to talk to them and many, many did.

The dancers can also often be seen around the ship when they are off duty - so keep your eyes open. Off duty staff are usually more than happy to chat to passengers and will probably see something of their younger selves in your niece.

A letter left at the pursers desk (address it to "the dancers" if you can't find individual names) should work too. The CD is usually busy, so a request through him might get unintentionally forgotten.

The dancers can also often be seen around the ship when they are off duty - so keep your eyes open. Off duty staff are usually more than happy to chat to passengers and will probably see something of their younger selves in your niece.

A letter left at the pursers desk (address it to "the dancers" if you can't find individual names) should work too. The CD is usually busy, so a request through him might get unintentionally forgotten.

And the CD on Ventura will probably be Hughie Taylor;:eek:

And the CD on Ventura will probably be Hughie Taylor;:eek:

Also known as the Invisible Man. On two cruises on Ventura we have only heard him make announcements re activities. Never saw him introduce a show or any if the performers.

A lot of CDs are office people these days. I was really pleased to read that Carnival are putting them back in a passenger facing job and adding office staff to do the admin. No doubt John Heald is behind this…...

Did stand next to Hughie in the toilet outside Havana once, couldn't think of anything to talk about though

Phil;)

Oh Phil, you little devil;)

Did you not have any cake with you then

Guess who 'Hughie's Pal':D

Edited by HELEN HENRY