Flamenco Dancers onboard Holland America Ryndam ship?

cheru

Will be on the April 21st sailing from Barcelona. Do the ships bring Flamenco Dancers on board as entertainment? If not, where can one enjoy a performance in Barcelona prior to the cruise? April 20th is Easter and that could pose a problem.

Will be on the April 21st sailing from Barcelona. Do the ships bring Flamenco Dancers on board as entertainment? If not, where can one enjoy a performance in Barcelona prior to the cruise? April 20th is Easter and that could pose a problem.

Flamenco is from Southern Spain (Andalucia) not Barcelona.

There are shows in Barcelona but these are touristy rather than the original you would find in Andalucía. The most authentic is probably http://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Flamenco-Night-at-Tablao-Cordobes/d562-2140FLAMENCO

Hope this helps.

Edited by campolady

While your cruise and itinerary would be perfect for bringing flamenco dancers onboard, I have personally not experienced that on ships. I would think Argentine tango dancers are much more common as flamenco is much more specialized.

As Spain is a major destination not only for cruise passengers, convention goers and land based tourism, you will of course find flamenco shows throughout the country. You will find these advertised at hotels or if you do a search online.

Here is just one link I found about Holy week in Barcelona. If you do some research you will find many cultural opportunities during this time.

http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-events-articles/200-semana-santa-easter-week

Edited by MADflyer

We sailed on the Ryndam last August, and YES! the entertainment staff did bring flamenco dancers on board, but this was in the port of Cadiz, which is located, as campolady noted, in Andalucia.

They brought on dancers from the famous Flameca La Cava for a single show at night. I thought this was the best entertainment of the entire cruise. Our ship was in port until about 11 pm that night, which allowed the staff to bring the dancers on for the evening.