Transportation from Athens Airport to hotel in Piraeus

mississauga

I read on another thread that one can take the metro to the airport on Line 3.

What are the transportation options from the airport to our hotel in Piraeus near the port?

Are there shuttle buses from the airport to the hotels? What is the approx. charge?

How much would a taxi cost?

If the metro a feasible option? Do they allow luggage etc on the metro? We are familiar with this in Paris. We saw many taking it from the airport into Paris.

Thank you in advance for any info/help.

My wife and I took the metro to the port in Piraeus (from the center of Athens) and the X96 bus back from the port to the airport. I can say that both the metro and the bus allow luggage. T hat being said,, I had to lift both my wife and my own luggage down the stairs at the metro station we got on at.I know the X96 bus line is about 70 minutes one way to the airport from Piraeus (Karaiskaki square). Piraeus Port is huge. Think of Piraeus as a backwards L; the bus stop is at the point where the two lines intersect in a right angle; the metro station is at the top of the reverse L); the terminal that our ship was at was on the opposite end of the reverse L - at the bottom. I cannot stress this enough: Piraeus Port is huge. My wife and I are in our thirties and it took us at least 30-45 minutes to walk with our luggage to the terminal where our ship was. Depending on where your hotel is relative to the bus stop, it could be a longer or shorter walk....

Edited by leongcpa

My wife and I took the metro to the port in Piraeus (from the center of Athens) and the X96 bus back from the port to the airport. I can say that both the metro and the bus allow luggage. T hat being said,, I had to lift both my wife and my own luggage down the stairs at the metro station we got on at.I know the X96 bus line is about 70 minutes one way to the airport from Piraeus (Karaiskaki square). Piraeus Port is huge. Think of Piraeus as a backwards L; the bus stop is at the point where the two lines intersect in a right angle; the metro station is at the top of the reverse L); the terminal that our ship was at was on the opposite end of the reverse L - at the bottom. I cannot stress this enough: Piraeus Port is huge. My wife and I are in our thirties and it took us at least 30-45 minutes to walk with our luggage to the terminal where our ship was. Depending on where your hotel is relative to the bus stop, it could be a longer or shorter walk....
v

Thanks for your reply and info.

My understanding is that our hotel is very close to the metro station, closer than from the port, based on the hotel reviews. That's why we are considering the metro. Was there a reason you chose the bus over the metro? Better service? Distance?

I did read on another posting that the metro has elevators but you have to go looking for it first.

v

Thanks for your reply and info.

My understanding is that our hotel is very close to the metro station, closer than from the port, based on the hotel reviews. That's why we are considering the metro. Was there a reason you chose the bus over the metro? Better service? Distance?

I did read on another posting that the metro has elevators but you have to go looking for it first.

We chose bus because it was a lot closer to the Port Terminal where our ship was. The Bus Stop is right by where the hydrofoil ticket offices are. Here's a link sort of showing where it is:

http://www.aeginagreece.com/aegina-island/how-to-get-to-aegina-island/

The pin identifying the bus stop is not quite right. The bus stop is right behind where they have pinned the ticket offices.

To walk to the Metro station would have been another 15-20 minutes for us... and we had a lot of luggage.

We chose bus because it was a lot closer to the Port Terminal where our ship was. The Bus Stop is right by where the hydrofoil ticket offices are. Here's a link sort of showing where it is:

http://www.aeginagreece.com/aegina-island/how-to-get-to-aegina-island/

The pin identifying the bus stop is not quite right. The bus stop is right behind where they have pinned the ticket offices.

To walk to the Metro station would have been another 15-20 minutes for us... and we had a lot of luggage.

Good choice on your part. Can I ask how much the bus fare was?

We dropped our car off at Athens airport last fall and then took the bus directly to the port. There is room for luggage on the bus. It makes a number of stops but ends in Pireus Bus leaves often. Took about a half hour or so.

It was very easy, very straightforward. We only had carry on so it was a snap for us.

We dropped our car off at Athens airport last fall and then took the bus directly to the port. There is room for luggage on the bus. It makes a number of stops but ends in Pireus Bus leaves often. Took about a half hour or so.

It was very easy, very straightforward. We only had carry on so it was a snap for us.

Thank you