Departing ship early on disembarkation day

Trend

We finish in Bali and have an early morning flight does anyone have any suggestions as we are docked there and we need to be off to airport before their transfers start.

I hope not befroe noon! you can leave early but drag your bags off and taxi to airport. get off the night before and sleep near airport..

all have been done before.

Trend,

Don't forget we overnight in Bali, so I would have thought that there would be no problem getting off early, as the ship will have been cleared the day before.

I am sure once on board you can put in a request to disembark early.

Last year we overnighted in Chennai. Our flight was about 04.30 in the morning. We disembarked about 01.00 and carried our own luggage. We had informed the pursers desk at the begining of our trip. We had absolutely no problem disembarking early.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Hi Trend,

We would talk to one of the many drivers that would be parked outside the port looking for a fare, or in the streets of Kuta, Legian or Sanur. Have never been let down yet, and for early hours like yours seems to be, an offer of good renumeration would make it a done deal for you. I suppose it depends on what your plans for the day before you leave are as to whether you have the time/opportunity to organise this way.

Or, if you have organised a private tour for your time in Bali, the tour guide/company or your driver will surely know someone to help.

It does sound wishy washy and rather fraught with problems, but the Balinese people are very honest and need the work we can give them. But as I mentioned we've always had great service from theses guys.

I have got the names and contact details of a couple of drivers family and friends use when they travel to Bali, if you wish to have them

Good luck with your planning:D

Wangling Gal, yes we do have a private tour the day in port so before we leave on the cruise we will ask the question.

Yes we have a 9:30 or so flight out so we will need to get off very early.

Thank you for the heads up everyone.