South Friar's Beach Q's:Rental/food costs/credit card req'd?Comments re Royston Tour

cubalinda

Hi there. I'm going on a cruise in early May and have a Tour stop/beach time at South Friar's Beach and have some questions.

From doing some research, I see there are three different places to eat/drink/lay out in the sun on that beach: Carambola, Discovery Beach Bar, Shipwreck.Is this correct?

I was wondering if there is a requirement that I need to use a credit card to rent a chair/umbrella at each of these places or is US cash okay?

Can someone let me know how much a rental for those items is at each?/any?

Is the food expensive? What types of things are available?

Does anyone have any pictures of the menus? I have tried searching and have come up empty.

My scheduled tour guide: Royston plans to stop near/on this beach (can't get a solid answer as to which one) and provide a small meal and then provides some beach time.

Does anyone know where he might stop/set up shop so to speak in order to do this?

Finally, has anyone gone on the Island Tour with Beach break by Royston? It looks like he gives an interesting tour experience. What was your excursion like?

Thanks in advance for your answers.They are much appreciated.

Hi there. I'm going on a cruise in early May and have a Tour stop/beach time at South Friar's Beach and have some questions.

From doing some research, I see there are three different places to eat/drink/lay out in the sun on that beach: Carambola, Discovery Beach Bar, Shipwreck.Is this correct?

I was wondering if there is a requirement that I need to use a credit card to rent a chair/umbrella at each of these places or is US cash okay?

Can someone let me know how much a rental for those items is at each?/any?

Is the food expensive? What types of things are available?

Does anyone have any pictures of the menus? I have tried searching and have come up empty.

My scheduled tour guide: Royston plans to stop near/on this beach (can't get a solid answer as to which one) and provide a small meal and then provides some beach time.

Does anyone know where he might stop/set up shop so to speak in order to do this?

Finally, has anyone gone on the Island Tour with Beach break by Royston? It looks like he gives an interesting tour experience. What was your excursion like?

Thanks in advance for your answers.They are much appreciated.

I can only comment about Shipwreck since we spent a few hours there on our most recent cruise, which was in September 2015. There was NO fee to use the loungers at Shipwreck, they were free. I can't comment on the food/menus there since we didn't eat. We did get a couple of beers and those prices were very reasonable. There is another thread currently up on this board about Shipwreck that I'll attach the link to where you can see pictures of the Shipwreck menus. Just click on the link and go to Post #6, by Lolavix, and in her signature are two reviews. In her Fascination review, starting on Page #11, she includes pictures of Shipwreck (beach/water) and there are also pictures of the menus. I did a review of our cruise as well and included a lot of pictures, but didn't get pictures of the menus.

Attaching a link to that post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455884

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...