LFK Snorkel Equipment Questions- First Timers

lesaj

We are taking an excursion to Little French Key, and want to do some snorkeling there. I have a couple questions. Is the rental equipment fair (in regards to what it is and the condition) for first timers? Does anyone know if fins are part of the rental package and if not, how much of a difference will it make? My bigger concern with fins is that my husband has a size 15 foot, so rental places don't typically carry his size. I hate to purchase anything since we live in the Midwest and wouldn't get much use of it, but I also want this to be a fun experience. I plan to email them, but wanted input from anyone who has had a similar issue and has done this before.

Edited by lesaj

Although they do seem to have limited service (cutting in and out sometimes) if you haven't heard back from them, I would email again. Larissa is usually pretty prompt with returning emails and maybe they didn't get it.

They also have a facebook page that you can send them a message and also post on their wall asking the question. Kevah has answered me within a day on that. :)