Width of non-HA cabin doors on FOS?

suebee53

There were no HA cabins available for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, and I'll be bringing my Pride Go-Go scooter. Will I have any trouble getting my scooter through the door? It's just over 19 inches wide.

Although I don't remember the exact dimension, you should be OK with 19 inches. My concern is room in your cabin for the scooter. I wish you the best for your cruise.

There were no HA cabins available for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, and I'll be bringing my Pride Go-Go scooter. Will I have any trouble getting my scooter through the door? It's just over 19 inches wide.

I've been able to get a 3 wheel Pride Go Go through a standard cabin door on RCCL ships. Though the scooter base is 19" wide what people forget about is that the width between arm rests is often wider than the scooter base. That's the real issue if the scooter will fit or not. Suggest you make certain the arm rests are not extended any wider than 19". I usually remove the arm rests all together to avoid getting caught on the door jams.

Make certain you have the steward remove the coffe table Or at the very least place store it between the sofa and bed. Also make certain the desk chair is always pushed in other wise you'll have absolutely no space for the scooter or to move about the cabin.

Thank you so much, MedicKen and xxoocruiser! Very helpful responses! I love being able to cross different concerns off my "what if" list. . .!!

Your Welcome !

Just another little tibet of information that may help you. If you have any problems with getting the scooter into the cabin or you find it difficult walking around the scooter while in the cabin, you can contact the cabin steward for assistance. Though the RCCL states that the scooter must be stored in the cabin, they have been known to store it elsewhere on the ship if needed. You just have to allow for extra time to retreive the scooter when you need it. What ever you do please do not store it in the hallway . This is a safety hazard . It will not allow for others with any mobility equipment pass through the hallways.

Important : If you have the cabin steward store the scooter you need to make certain that they charge the scooter each night for you. Also ask for the key to be returned to you each night.

Thanks, xxoocruiser! Wasn't it you that discovered your scooter missing at 3 a.m. because it had been moved by someone other than the person who told you to park it somewhere outside of your room and out of the way?

Thanks, xxoocruiser! Wasn't it you that discovered your scooter missing at 3 a.m. because it had been moved by someone other than the person who told you to park it somewhere outside of your room and out of the way?

No that wasn't me. I've always been able to get it in a standard cabin everynight.

In fact on my last cruise the cabin stewards were all telling me how I should consider doing a video to demonstrate how to get a scooter in a standard cabin and still have room to move around. They couldn't believe how I could even do a 3 point turn in the standard cabin to drive the scooter out foward rather than backing it out the door. Also how I could get it down the hallways when the stewards carts were all out in the hallway. BTW, the key to getting it past the stewards carts is to remove the arm rests.

DW never had a problem getting by the stewards cart with her arm rests down. She may have run over the corner of a room service tray once, or twice, though. I'm not so sure that was accidental though LOL.

Archived