Century cruise question

Boiler Cruiser

My DW and I are considering a 4-night cruise on the Celebrity Century out of Miami that stops at Key West and Cozumel.

Has anyone been on this cruise? What are your thoughts?

Would it be a good introduction for us to Celebrity?

Also...is there a formal night on a 4 night cruise?

Thanks.

We are going on Century next week for the TA from Barcelona to Miami. It is X second oldest still in service ship (inaugural date Dec.95) but had a major refit in 2006 so it is in excellent shape. Cabins are a good size for what is these days a smaller ship (71,545 tonnage, 1,814 paxs)

Both Key West and Cozumel are interesting ports for this 4 night cruise.

There is one formal night.

The web site below has good photo galleries of the Century.

http://www.magwa.co.uk/century/centuryphoto.htm

Boiler: We'll find out in three weeks. I just booked us on the Dec. 20 cruise. I was hoping to take a longer cruise over Christmas, but things did not work out this year.

We were on Century for Christmas in 2004. It was a great cruise. The best part of any Celebrity cruise is the service. I am hoping that will stay true for these shorter cruises.

Boiler.

My husband and I are sailing on Century for a 4 night Western Caribbean Feb 5-9. I am hoping that this is going to be a fun time as well.

Same as you ,,,would love to hear of anyone who has done this recently .

I often wonder how the crowd differs when you compare 7-14 day cruises to the shorter ones.

I look forward to Celebrity's food, style, and service,,,but I am wondering if it is going to be much fun at night?? We do not want to go to bed early and be surrounded by elderly people wanting everything quiet. We are looking to meet people,,mingle,,,have a few drinks, laughs, etc.

Can anyone elaborate on whether in their opinion the overall crowds are different on shorter cruises vs longer cruises?

Would be interesting to hear from experienced cruisers.

Thanks;)

My DW and I are considering a 4-night cruise on the Celebrity Century out of Miami that stops at Key West and Cozumel.

Has anyone been on this cruise? What are your thoughts?

Would it be a good introduction for us to Celebrity?

Also...is there a formal night on a 4 night cruise?

Thanks.

We sailed on Century last April and it was fantastic. Our previous Celebrity cruise on Constellation was lacklustre, but our 4-day cruise on Century has renewed our interest in the line.

Loved the decor, loved the lounges, great variety of food...it was totally great and we are trying to figure out a way to get another shortie cruise on Century before she heads back to Europe in the spring.

We have pictures, daily newsletters, bar menus and more on our web site if you want more info http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys

My husband and I have cruised on the Century twice on a 5 night. This year in March we are doing a 4 night only since it goes to cozmel instead of Grand Cayman since we have been there before. You will love this cruise the food is great and so is the service. The Century is a beautiful ship and martini bar is great too:)

My husband and I went on the Key West/Grand Caymen Cruise in Jan of '07. It sold on us cruising. The Century is a beautiful ship. The evening meals are awesome, food and service!!!

In September we took a Carnival cruise and it was nice but the attention to service and type of people on the ship was nothing compared to the Celebrity cruise.

We are taking another Century cruise in Jan of '09 to Grand Caymen and Jamaica. I can not wait!! As for the formal night for a 4 night cruise, I do not know but you should be able to get that info on their website.

Archived