Any updates on new program to replace Luggage Valet

chamima

Celebrity had announced that their contract with the company that provided the Luggage Valet program had not been renewed but they were looking for a new company.

Anyone heard any updates?

This was a program we REALLY liked and are hoping will be reinstated.

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Very bothered by it:mad:. Due to medical issues this service is very valuable to us. Because of it, we cancelled our 11/20 cruise on the Silhouette and booked 11/20 cruise with Princess who offers this service:). What makes no sense is Celebrity seems to be the only cruiseline that dropped it for whatever reason they give:confused: Agree, Celebrity needs to be honest and give their passengers a straight answer

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

I emailed Celebrity and followed it up with a phone call.

The Captains Club representative I spoke to said she has had many complaints but when I related the above story to her about someone who actually cancelled a cruise because of the change she seemed surprised.

She said she would forward my unhappiness on.

Everyone, please, PLEASE contact Celebrity in whatever capacity you're comfortable with - snail mail, email or phone call !!!

(They brought the chocolates back after lots of complaints so........)

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

I've sent 2 emails and spoke with the Captains Club yesterday. The rep I spoke with did not think it would be back very soon because Celebrity believed it was not providing the level of service that guests deserved. With no luggage valet that opinion is correct because there is no service at all.

I've sent 2 emails and spoke with the Captains Club yesterday. The rep I spoke with did not think it would be back very soon because Celebrity believed it was not providing the level of service that guests deserved. With no luggage valet that opinion is correct because there is no service at all.

She couldn't possibly have believed that!!! :(

Someone in marketing must have come up with that line.'

I emphasized to the Captain's Club rep I spoke to that "Modern Luxury" didn't include schlepping your luggage through customs and that the tension of doing that left a bad last memory of what had been a relaxing vacation.

Please keep calling, emailing and writing, people!!!

It's the only way they'll see it as a problem.

Edited by chamima

• 2 weeks later...
I emailed Celebrity and followed it up with a phone call.

The Captains Club representative I spoke to said she has had many complaints but when I related the above story to her about someone who actually cancelled a cruise because of the change she seemed surprised.

She said she would forward my unhappiness on.

Everyone, please, PLEASE contact Celebrity in whatever capacity you're comfortable with - snail mail, email or phone call !!!

(They brought the chocolates back after lots of complaints so........)

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

So it's been more than 2 weeks since I emailed (and then called ) Celebrity asking them to please contact me about the Luggage Valet program and I've heard NOTHING back. :(

(But I've received approximately 30 emails congratulating me on signing up for the Connections Parties for our 2 upcoming cruises. :rolleyes: )

I get the feeling that corporate thinks if they just ignore this issue it (and we) will go away.

Has anyone heard anything positive about them reinstating this ?

I received a callback from Celebrity late last week responding to my email about the loss of the luggage valet program. It took about 3 weeks (I think) for them to call; no email response. The CSR that I talked to really added nothing to what we already know; they (Celebrity) ended the program (no reason offered) and there are no plans to restart it. She did add that my complaint would be added to the list and maybe if enough people wrote/called then maybe it would be reconsidered. I am not holding my breath based on what she said......:(

We will really miss the program and I would be willing to pay more for it if that would be what it would take to restart it.