Solo gatherings on NCL

mrobstad

It's great that NCL has solo gatherings with a cruise director, but 5:00 pm is just a little too early. I'd like to see the time moved to 6:00 pm. On my recent Getaway, the cruise director already shuffled solos to dinner by 5:15-5:30. Just too early IMHO.

When I go to the solo gathering, I see it as mainly a social event. I haven't done the dinners set up by the social host. What has happened is that people within the gathering breakup into groups to go to different restaurants and as a result set their own dinner time. At least that has been my experience.

Edited by IrieBajan54

I totally agree.

My first time on Epic the solo meets were at 6pm, they ended at 7pm when we went for dinner as a group.

This year on Epic though we met at 5pm - the solo host tried to get us to go to dinner by 6pm but enough of us rebelled and got her to organise later dinners each day at a restaurant of our choosing. Most of us preferred to get showered and dressed for the evening before dinner.

I am on Breakaway next year for a 9 night Carribean and Bermuda cruise and I hope that the solo host will be flexible with what the solo's want to do. I enjoy the social aspect in the evenings after spending the day alone but don't really appreciate being babied into dining early because the solo hosts cant be bothered doing the extra work of organising.

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

on the last epic transatlantic the solo meet and greet was 5pm, but most people stayed in the solo lounge and drank from the bar till sometimes going on 8 or 9! There was one solo co-ordinator organised dinner at 6:30 but the rest was left up to ourselves.

Has this changed on any recent sailings?Ithought i just saw in the daily for the Escape (would be the 3day if I am correct) it was 6pm at tobacco road.

I am wondering is it event worth it to get the unlimited dining if you plan on eating with other solos who might prefer the dining room?

I skipped my plans for a last minute breakaway as I went to 8 concerts within a month instead and vegged out for a week.

However, I am considering 12/17/16 escape and would likely return to a studio. Simply but, I never had any desire to stay in the room by myself at any time-

Howard, I tried to attend the gatherings but 5 was so early! We were on St. Thomas til 7 pm, Tortola was early, and Nassau til 6:30. The newbie solo director had folks rounded up by 5:15 in the sunset lounge and to dinner by 5:30.

Has this changed on any recent sailings?Ithought i just saw in the daily for the Escape (would be the 3day if I am correct) it was 6pm at tobacco road.

I am wondering is it event worth it to get the unlimited dining if you plan on eating with other solos who might prefer the dining room?

I skipped my plans for a last minute breakaway as I went to 8 concerts within a month instead and vegged out for a week.

However, I am considering 12/17/16 escape and would likely return to a studio. Simply but, I never had any desire to stay in the room by myself at any time-

On EPIC there were solos who liked to eat in speciality restaurants.

I went on the EPIC a couple of years ago and I think we met at 5:00PM, but quite honestly after a couple of days, we all started making our own plans with each other and created our own groups. Our coordinator was really good at getting everyone to know each other and allowing everyone to just kind of do their own thing.