Glory vs. Pride - Please help!

LadyVolFan

I have been on both ships prior to the 2.0 upgrades. The iteneraries are the same. Miami is a longer drive. I hear the Pride is getting upgrades in Oct/Nov. We are cruising in Jan 2015. We are 4 people in our 40's and 2 "kids" in early 20's.

I can't decide. Please help me!

We too have been on both ships (Glory and Legend) post upgrades. Both are nice ships but I liked the Legend better. It is so easy to get around. No obstructions midway on some decks (dining room) allowing you to walk end to end and not changing decks to get where you want to go. Also much preferred the adults only pool are at the back of the ship. Tampa was the easiest and fastest port we have experienced. Have a wonderful cruise on whichever ship you choose!

I would also say Glory, for the sheer fact that you would be cruising out of Miami in January, vs. Baltimore, which will be chilly for a couple of days, both going, and coming back.

Also, and I know this is just MY opinion, but I think the Pride is probably the ugliest ship in the fleet.:o

While we had a great cruise, the ship is just dark and ugly.

To each their own, and I know there are people that LOVE the Renaissance theme, but, we did not.

Either way, you will have a great cruise.

hey, it's better than being at work, right?:D:D:D

Edited by KPfromCT

I would also say Glory, for the sheer fact that you would be cruising out of Miami in January, vs. Baltimore, which will be chilly for a couple of days, both going, and coming back.

Also, and I know this is just MY opinion, but I think the Pride is probably the ugliest ship in the fleet.:o

While we had a great cruise, the ship is just dark and ugly.

To each their own, and I know there are people that LOVE the Renaissance theme, but, we did not.

Either way, you will have a great cruise.

hey, it's better than being at work, right?:D:D:D

Pride will be in Tampa in January. She doesn't move back to Baltimore until March.

Pride will be getting the Green Thunder with the Waterworks upgrade in dry dock which the Glory does not have. The pair in their early 20's might enjoy that. The Glory has the Lido Big screen if you are into that. Most of the other 2.0 upgrades both ships will have. The only other factor I can think of is that Tampa has a greater chance of fog in January than Miami. Sometimes this has caused the ship to arrive/depart late. I would pick the ship that is most convenient/least expensive to travel to if it was me.

Pride will be in Tampa in January. She doesn't move back to Baltimore until March.

Pride will be getting the Green Thunder with the Waterworks upgrade in dry dock which the Glory does not have. The pair in their early 20's might enjoy that. The Glory has the Lido Big screen if you are into that. Most of the other 2.0 upgrades both ships will have. The only other factor I can think of is that Tampa has a greater chance of fog in January than Miami. Sometimes this has caused the ship to arrive/depart late. I would pick the ship that is most convenient/least expensive to travel to if it was me.

To say the Legend has " most of the other 2.0 upgrades " is not correct. The legend does not have Guy's , blue iguana, alchemy bar, or an EA sports bar. That is lot missing. I happen to love the Conquest class of ships. Perfect balance between a big and small ship.

To say the Legend has " most of the other 2.0 upgrades " is not correct. The legend does not have Guy's , blue iguana, alchemy bar, or an EA sports bar. That is lot missing. I happen to love the Conquest class of ships. Perfect balance between a big and small ship.

I love the Conquest class too. Sailed on my first one last month and it really was awesome. Big and spacious but not overwhelming. On another note, I didn't realize the Legend was missing all of that 2.0 stuff? What did it get then? The Green Thunder? Are they leaving out all of that stuff with the Pride upgrades?

OP we had to make a similar decision. Since Baltimore is so much closer to us, but in the end the Green Thunder is a turn OFF for us and the port times were shorter on the Pride. We booked the Glory.

I love the Conquest class too. Sailed on my first one last month and it really was awesome. Big and spacious but not overwhelming. On another note, I didn't realize the Legend was missing all of that 2.0 stuff? What did it get then? The Green Thunder? Are they leaving out all of that stuff with the Pride upgrades?

OP we had to make a similar decision. Since Baltimore is so much closer to us, but in the end the Green Thunder is a turn OFF for us and the port times were shorter on the Pride. We booked the Glory.

The Legend received an upgrade similar to a 2.0

but missing some things and adding the Green Thunder Water slide among others.

The Legend may not have those items but they are all on the list for Pride's dry-dock.

From the Pride fact sheet on goccl:

To be implemented during 10/19/14-11/09/14 Dry-Dock

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting and tiling, etc. in lounges and public areas

· Revamping midship pool to be resort-style pool

· Fitness Center – new equipment and flooring

· Guy’s Burger Joint

· BlueIguana Cantina

· BlueIguana Tequila Bar

· Bonsai Sushi

· WaterWorks

· EA SPORTS Bar

· Alchemy Bar

· RedFrog Pub

· Cherry on Top

Nothing wrong with the Glory at all, we've enjoyed her and others of the class post 2.0.

We opted to do the Pride this December as it seems like there may not be an option to sail from Tampa on even a mid-sized CCL ship in the future and't we've never been to this port. We also haven't sailed on a Spirit class ship before, so this is another reason we decided to try this out as there are plenty of folks who seem to particularly like the layout. We'll see in seventy odd days!

I was talking about the Pride - not the Legend.;)

See what the Pride is getting next month below.

The Legend may not have those items but they are all on the list for Pride's dry-dock.

From the Pride fact sheet on goccl:

To be implemented during 10/19/14-11/09/14 Dry-Dock

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting and tiling, etc. in lounges and public areas

· Revamping midship pool to be resort-style pool

· Fitness Center – new equipment and flooring

· Guy’s Burger Joint

· BlueIguana Cantina

· BlueIguana Tequila Bar

· Bonsai Sushi

· WaterWorks

· EA SPORTS Bar

· Alchemy Bar

· RedFrog Pub

· Cherry on Top

Nothing wrong with the Glory at all, we've enjoyed her and others of the class post 2.0.

We opted to do the Pride this December as it seems like there may not be an option to sail from Tampa on even a mid-sized CCL ship in the future and't we've never been to this port. We also haven't sailed on a Spirit class ship before, so this is another reason we decided to try this out as there are plenty of folks who seem to particularly like the layout. We'll see in seventy odd days!