Supershuttle to Galveston???

SWEETSEA

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has ever used SuperShuttle from Houston to Galveston? Also if you used them for the return trip...how did that work.? For 6 people, they were the least expensive shuttle to Galveston. Thanks for any information.

• 4 weeks later...

I've asked this before, but I have gotten little info. Has ANYONE ever used them from Houston Hobby to Galveston? What about return trip? I am finding very little info about their service & I'm getting nervous. Thanks for any help.

I almost hate to reply getting your hopes up that you'll get some useful information when you see you have a reply. :p ;)

I haven't used them but I live in the area so don't need a shuttle service for Galveston. I see you've already posted this over on the Gulf Coast Departures forum without much luck but you might want to start a new thread over there with SuperShuttle in the thread title since your other thread was a generic thread about transportion to the Galveston cruise terminal.

Hope you get some replies to set your mind at ease. I haven't heard anything bad about them. Does that help? :cool:

We have used them this year for a pick up after our cruise. Several others in our group did as well. They won't send a van tell you call for one and then from what we found it is between a 1 and 2 hour wait for them to show.

They claim 10 people a van but there is no way they will get that if everyone has bags and then they will only take as many as they can. When we were there a few people had to find other way to airport.

Oh no...I was worried about that. I suppose I could call as soon as they start disembarking. Maybe by the time we clear customs we would not have to wait too long. There are 6 in our group. Do you think that is enough room for everyone?

Oh no...I was worried about that. I suppose I could call as soon as they start disembarking. Maybe by the time we clear customs we would not have to wait too long. There are 6 in our group. Do you think that is enough room for everyone?

I would not see a problem with six. The key is to be one of the first customers they have from the ship to call. Otherwise I think you are waiting for vans to get done.

We've used them several times from and back to Hobby. Just call them and make reservations. They have a rep at the airport and will direct you to the vehicle. Never had a problem with them. When the ship returns they'll be waiting for you.

We have used them this year for a pick up after our cruise. Several others in our group did as well. They won't send a van tell you call for one and then from what we found it is between a 1 and 2 hour wait for them to show.

They claim 10 people a van but there is no way they will get that if everyone has bags and then they will only take as many as they can. When we were there a few people had to find other way to airport.

I can give you our experience in December. We were in a group of 10 (pre-paid) that was to be picked up at the pier to go to Hobby Airport. When SS FINALLY arrived, after at least waiting for 1.5 hours, there was not enough room for everyone and their luggage. Our party of 4 made other last minute arrangements. You will probably be safe with 6 people but absolutely no way for 10. And you will be waiting quite a while.

Thanks, John, I too have always used Galveston limo. This time there are 6 people in our group. At $80.00 pp round trip that comes to $480.00. I can do Super Shuttle for $200.00 round trip. Just looking for someone who has personal experience with cruise pick-up to & from Hobby. Thanks.

Sorry, but I thought of you when I read this and figured you'd want to see it: Super shuttle nightmare!

Run away, hitch hike, ride a bike, but do not use that lousy service! After waiting for them in the HOuston sun this past Sunday, after our boat was stuck in the gulf waitng for fog to lift, we missed our plane, were hot and thirsty and had a 1.5 hour ride ahead of us, they came only an hour and a half after we called, and...she wouldn't stop the van to buy sodas at a mini mart! Our son was also startng to get sick. Super shuttle was dreadful!

We've used SuperShuttle in New York and Los Angeles and they were just fine. No complaints from us.

We have them booked for our March cruise for transportation to Galveston. I'll make sure to call them early - before customs - to make sure that they are there when we need them.

I figure for the price that I paid for all six of us, it's worth the inconvenience of waiting (my parents' flight isn't until 6-something that night, and ours isn't until the next day, so we're in no hurry). I will check back in after we've used them, though, to let everyone know our experience.

I was curious to know - were these experiences all with Hobby airport or also with Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)?

We have 5 people needing transportation with luggage and Galveston Limo would cost us $500 @ $100 per person. So far, the ship's transportation is looking better and better at $90 per person.

• 1 month later...

Despite some negative rviews, we used Super Shuttle from Houston Hobby to Galveston. There were 6 people & it worked out just great. The traffic into Galveston was terrible last week, but our driver found alternate routes & it was not too bad for us. After the cruise, we simply called before we ate breakfast the last morning. They were there waiting for us when we stepped off the ship. It was by far the cheapest way to go for six people. A private van is $100.00 each way.

Archived