ugrades on windstar

sauertea

Hi, as I am new to windstar, I was wondering if upgrades are ever offered and how that typically occurs? I booked sometime ago and noticed that some of the prices have dropped. Is it worth calling and asking about upgrades? Our rate did include the precruise hotel and the transfers. We are sailing in late October. Anyway, just curious.

Hi, as I am new to windstar, I was wondering if upgrades are ever offered and how that typically occurs? I booked sometime ago and noticed that some of the prices have dropped. Is it worth calling and asking about upgrades? Our rate did include the precruise hotel and the transfers. We are sailing in late October. Anyway, just curious.

I've been told that the only place upgrades are possible is at the terminal at check-in, and even then they're generally paid, unless you've cruised with Windstar before.

i just hung up the phone with Wind Star and I'm one happy cruiser! Our Classic Yachtsman cruise for January 30, 2016 is now discounted even more than when we booked and I just saved around $800 per person!

So if you are more than 90 days out from your cruise, call today to see if your cruise has a new price! I'm not sure all choices will have a sale but ours did :)

And by the way, the helpful person I spoke with said their Fourth of July sale and their 12 days of winter sale are the two best times to book.

Good luck!

i just hung up the phone with Wind Star and I'm one happy cruiser! Our Classic Yachtsman cruise for January 30, 2016 is now discounted even more than when we booked and I just saved around $800 per person!

So if you are more than 90 days out from your cruise, call today to see if your cruise has a new price! I'm not sure all choices will have a sale but ours did :)

Nice! But I'm confused now: your original post specifically asked about upgrades, not price matching. Regardless, that's great news.

I'm hoping to score a low-price upgrade to a suite on Wind Surf at the terminal, since apparently they still have some empty for my sailing in a three weeks. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Just realized this latest post was from someone different, not the OP of this thread. :)

Edited by RandomBaritone

Thanks for all the information. I think I was looking for information about both scenarios. I have booked and paid for my cruise and wasn't sure what my options were with the drop in prices. You both have provided valuable info and I will be on the phone to windstar today to ask about an adjustment and will try my luck for upgrade when we sail.

• 2 weeks later...

They will occasionally upgrade (at no charge) prior to the cruise. This Spring on a very lightly booked Pride we were moved up several categories about a month before the cruise.

You can also ask upon embarkation. Last fall on the Surf we'd booked on the lowest deck, and I was offered a complementary upgrade to the same cabin one level up or to a suite for a considerable upcharge. We took the free option.

They will occasionally upgrade (at no charge) prior to the cruise. This Spring on a very lightly booked Pride we were moved up several categories about a month before the cruise.

You can also ask upon embarkation. Last fall on the Surf we'd booked on the lowest deck, and I was offered a complementary upgrade to the same cabin one level up or to a suite for a considerable upcharge. We took the free option.

Thanks for the info!!

This is exactly what I'm hoping will occur with our Baltic cruise next Saturday. May I ask what the suite upcharge was? The website says that it may be "as little as $500 per person," or $1,000 total.

This is exactly what I'm hoping will occur with our Baltic cruise next Saturday. May I ask what the suite upcharge was? The website says that it may be "as little as $500 per person," or $1,000 total.

I remember something in the $1,300 range. At 1K I'd have jumped on it.

I remember something in the $1,300 range. At 1K I'd have jumped on it.

Great info. Ours is a 10-night cruise, so for an extra $30/night over their minimum upgrade fee, I think we'd do it. But we'll see how rich I'm feeling at embarkation.