Azura or Ventura now

soobs

Anyone been on or is on the Azura or Ventura in the Caribbean this season and can give us a clue on the entertainment, any update would be great.

Also on the Barbados to Barbados how many formal nights 3 or 4, I know P & O say 4 but often the last 2 days are sea days and they wont do 2 formal nights back to back so did they do a formal on a port day?

Just want to know do I pack 3 or 4 evening dresses and dress shirts???

I was on Azura last year in Caribbean for new year and we had four formal nights and the last two days were sea days.

The first was on the first sea day, the second on New Year's Eve the third I think was on a port day and the last was on the next to the last sea day at the end of the cruise.

However I don't know if it might change this year.

Di

I have looked at the schedule I am just going off last year when they reduced it to 3 due to a sea day being the last day for the people who boarded on the Friday and they had to have the luggage outside room at midnight is not a good evening to be a formal.

Formal's are usually sea days see below, unless they do a formal on a port day I cannot see how they are fitting in 4 formal's, if it's a port day I would guess Dominica would be the best evening

Anyone on board or just getting off this weekend got an update?

05 Dec Barbados

06 Dec Barbados

07 Dec At Sea - formal

08 Dec Grenada

09 Dec St. Lucia

10 Dec Dominica

11 Dec St. Kitts

12 Dec St. Maarten

13 Dec Tortola

14 Dec At Sea - formal

15 Dec Curacao

16 Dec Bonaire

17 Dec At Sea - fomal

18 Dec At Sea

19 Dec Barbados

Despite the P&O cruise info which does say 4 formal evenings several posters have reported only 3 on similar sailings/itineraries. Your schedule certainly makes sense for 3 formals but there is quite a long stretch from #2 to #3. Dominica would be a good port to slot in the extra formal night evenly spaced and not such a beachy island so unlikely pax will be spending long days on a beach - more of an excursion island which hopefully will be scheduled to get back mid afternoon. But we shall see. Please report back - we're doing the same itinerary in the new year so I'll be interested to know what happens on your cruise.

Entertainment was passable. Headliners shows really good but the rest felt like I was at a holiday camp and the ship basically forgot they had passengers the last 2 nights if you were on 15 nights. Very disappointed. Best bit was the cruise critic meet up in the first sea day. Sorry to be so negative but I was very disappointed and expected much better.

Last Winter on Ventura there were 3 black tie evenings, which were on 3 out of the 4 sea days - the final sea day was the last day and was casual. This is perfectly logical and I expect that it will be the same this year. I will pack for 3 and if there is an additional one on a port day I will opt out and stay casual. :)

Edited by Denarius

Entertainment was passable. Headliners shows really good but the rest felt like I was at a holiday camp and the ship basically forgot they had passengers the last 2 nights if you were on 15 nights. Very disappointed. Best bit was the cruise critic meet up in the first sea day. Sorry to be so negative but I was very disappointed and expected much better.

Entertainment does appear to have been trimmed down to a price in recent Caribbean seasons. Compared with say 5 years ago we have lost one of the cocktail pianists, the resident steel band, the classical musician(s), the guitarist in Ramblas and one of the groups. No music in the Exchange any more, just quizzes etc, and dancing to CDs instead of the Red Bar pianist on half the nights in the atrium. But you get what you pay for.

Edited by Denarius

Entertainment does appear to have been trimmed down to a price in recent Caribbean seasons. Compared with say 5 years ago we have lost one of the cocktail pianists, the resident steel band, the classical musician(s), the guitarist in Ramblas and one of the groups. No music in the Exchange any more, just quizzes etc, and dancing to CDs instead of the Red Bar pianist on half the nights in the atrium. But you get what you pay for.

I expected a lot more for the amount of money I paid that's for sure. I encountered a stalker, a room that couldn't be made into a double even though room allocation was changed before travel, dismal food in the buffet, dismal entertainment, sun beds where if I led down I had someone's feet in my face or vice versa. Thank goodness most of the people I met were nice.i could go on but I'm sending an email to p and o so won't. It's not often I complain about things in life but this cruise unfortunately is one big one.

I expected a lot more for the amount of money I paid that's for sure. I encountered a stalker, a room that couldn't be made into a double even though room allocation was changed before travel, dismal food in the buffet, dismal entertainment, sun beds where if I led down I had someone's feet in my face or vice versa. Thank goodness most of the people I met were nice.i could go on but I'm sending an email to p and o so won't. It's not often I complain about things in life but this cruise unfortunately is one big one.

I am afraid to say I totally agree with you having returned from ventura today. Soooo disappointed with ventura comparing it with previous cruises on her. :(:(

thanks for all the replies I think I will pack for 4 formal's and hope that they do a formal in St Kitts or similar, I do enjoy the dressing up nights but equally enjoy the dress down nights the same it just makes a change.

Some not so good reports coming in at the moment, I will just go and take it as it comes and hope for the best - really looking forward to it now think I am going to sleep for the fist week been really overworked for the last 9 months

Any good offers on future cruises whilst on board?? who were the look-a-like artists this year??

I'm planning on 4 formal nights.

I have to say the reviews coming off of Ventura aren't great, but I'll be going with an open mind and in a good mood. I shall make the most of whatever comes my way.

Not long to go! Now where did I put my posing pouch? :D

I am going to pack for 4 formal nights if there is only 3 so be it, I am hoping we will have a formal on a port day because I do like the formal nights. 4 is enough though don't like them that much that I would want more.

Getting excited now cannot wait to start packing at weekend. Booked inbound seats but not outbound couldn't get the ones we wanted so leaving it for chance - they seam to have taken off the facility to book seats now for the 5th December flight.