M&S vouchers have not arrived-28Nov Azura cruise

mtennant

Sailing on 28th November on Azura to the Caribbean and our M&S vouchers have not arrived. Been on to travel agent and P&O. Seemingly the vouchers are late coming from M&S and we may not get them before the cruise.

Anyone else on this cruise got their vouchers and how and when did they arrive?

Sailing on 28th November on Azura to the Caribbean and our M&S vouchers have not arrived. Been on to travel agent and P&O. Seemingly the vouchers are late coming from M&S and we may not get them before the cruise.

Worrying, I have vouchers due for a 17 Dec cruise and I was counting on using them to buy a new jacket for the cruise.

We booked direct with P&O and was told to expect vouchers 2 weeks before

Departure date.

We go on 29 Nov, our vouchers came via e-mail from M&S on Tuesday 4 Nov.

We booked through an agent.

I would think its definitely worth a call to check.

Maybe I'll see you on the cruise mtennant, not long now.

Rick.

Keep chasing P & O.....friends of ours rang to find out when to expect them and were told they had been sent by email....they'd not received them and were told by P & O that it was a problem with M & S and vice versa....eventually they got them but it took daily phone calls and a lot of stress.

Why on earth are they sending substantial amounts of money by email? Too easily lost in spam folders I would have thought.

Keep chasing P & O.....friends of ours rang to find out when to expect them and were told they had been sent by email....they'd not received them and were told by P & O that it was a problem with M & S and vice versa....eventually they got them but it took daily phone calls and a lot of stress.

Why on earth are they sending substantial amounts of money by email? Too easily lost in spam folders I would have thought.

Why in the grand scheme of things would people cause themselves 'a lot of stress' through not getting their M & S vouchers. I am actually not being cheeky.

I would seriously worry about myself or my husband if we caused ourselves that amount of stress for a few vouchers.

So many other things in life to be stressed about but not vouchers surely, or maybe its just me...:D:D

Although ours arrived more or less on time, my wife was slightly anxious because she wanted to use them towards buying Christmas presents. Our cruise is at the end of November and she wanted to get all the Christmas shopping done before we go.

It wouldn't have been the end of the world it they'd arrived late but its now another thing that she can cross off the list of things to do.

Rick.

I didn't do the M&S promotion but I would have been a bit put out they were only coming 2 weeks before my cruise. I like to be organised and would normally have had any new clothes by then. Plus, if you were going to a hot country this time of year it's all winter clothes in M&S!

I really don't get why. M & S cannot be responsible for when we are going on our cruise. They're highly unlikely to give vouchers out 6 months beforehand, so you can shop in the Summer.

Being organised is fine but a last minute shop is also handy as well.

I always do Winter cruises, do always have the same issues buying clothes for my cruises. Doesn't stress me though.

I would keep the vouchers and treat myself to some nice winter clothes for when I came back, if I had actually bought everything by the time they came through.

I think 2 weeks is perfectly suffice. I've never known anything like cruise people for trying to have their whole cruise planned from the day they book, whether it's 18 months previous, to what they're going to buy with their Markies voucher...:cool:

i posted the thread originally. My travel agent has been chasing up P&O for several weeks. Different excuses as to why the vouchers have not arrived but the bottom line is that they are still not with me, despite being promised evouchers, then a card in the post, then evouchers. Supposed to be sorted and vouchers to arrive by email within 48 hours. Not holding my breath. If they do not arrive, P&O are to send out a gift card. Problem is you cannot prove you have not received them by either method.

Such a palaver. Should have been here on 4th November and I had counted on them for buying clothes for Xmas for grandchildren. Luckily Maria from Barrhead travel has been a star and has been on the case.

And for those who think - what is the fuss for a few vouchers?- the value of them is £240. A sizeable sum of money in anyone's eyes.

As I said earlier, friends of mine did not receive theirs until the last minute, with each side blaming the other....they were told that they had been sent by email and had been spent!!! well of course this was not true .....but like you say you can't prove anything.....

The good news is that they did receive them in the end (in an email)) and spent them quick before anyone changed their mind !!!

I do hope you receive yours very soon and I suspect P & O won't be repeating that offer!!!:)