What to do on high port load day

clj7181

We are doing a western Caribbean on the Celebrity Equinox and I just looked up which ships are in port on the day we will be there and it is showing 6 with an estimated port load of 17,685 - ouch!

I know about the turtle place and stingray city - but with that high of a port load I image those will be chaotic. I am traveling with my mom, we both are in decent shape so activity level is not a concern and we both enjoy photography.

Any ideas??? Also - with that many ships in port is tendering an issues and would be better booking something through the ship, generally I prefer to book on my own.

Rent a car and drive yourselves out to the Botanic Park. Won't be crowded at all.

Along a similar thread, the last time were were there, we rented a car and drove to Rum Point. Not many of the cruise ship crowd makes it to Rum Point. Didn't have to fight any crowd at all. And if you make the drive all the way to Rum Point, go a bit further to Starfish Point. (you can wade out to the star fish)

It's not a short drive, but very doable. And, quite honestly, after three-four days on a cruise ship, a little extra elbow room was welcomed.

We are doing a western Caribbean on the Celebrity Equinox and I just looked up which ships are in port on the day we will be there and it is showing 6 with an estimated port load of 17,685 - ouch!

I know about the turtle place and stingray city - but with that high of a port load I image those will be chaotic. I am traveling with my mom, we both are in decent shape so activity level is not a concern and we both enjoy photography.

Any ideas??? Also - with that many ships in port is tendering an issues and would be better booking something through the ship, generally I prefer to book on my own.

Totally ignore that you read the port load figure and go do what you want to do. I've been there with 6 ships in port and it is not a big deal.

I would recommend going to stingray city. It is a must do bucket list item.

I would recommend either of the following:

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/

http://stingraysailing.com/

I agree that you should do what you want to do, despite the number of people there.

If you go to Stingray City, it will probably look extremely crowded if you look around, but if you look down, you'll see the stingrays. Each boat finds a spot, a crew member puts out food, and stingrays come. There are enough of them. Usually, one of the crew from each boat holds a stingray and passengers from that boat can touch it or take turns holding it. Other stingrays will pass by.