Looking for suggestions: best Seafood restaurant

peacefrogdog

Nearly all the restaurants in Bermuda server "Catch of the Day" - lots of fishing in Bermuda and restaurants get it fresh from the fishing boats when they come in. I like Yellowtail and Rockfish. Bermuda Spiny Lobsters are only available Sept - Mar - any lobster you see on the menu in other months is visiting - just like you :)

All the other fish is great! You'll want to get a Bermuda Fish Sandwich - that's their specialty. Different places make it different ways. Art Mel's Spicy Dicy and Rosa's swap off the title of Best Bermuda Fish sandwich every year or every other year.

Mel's is off the beaten path and there's no place to eat. If you catch a cab by the ferry terminal in Hamilton and ask the driver to take you there and wait - I'm sure they will!

Rosa's is down at the end of Front St past the Parliament Building. It's a bit of a walk. Not sure if a cab would take you there, but maybe if you ask if they will come back to pick you up. Walking - if you have time for some window shopping is doable if you are capable of about a mile.

Wahoo's out at St George and Goombey's out at Clearwater Beach (also at the St George end of the island) are known for having excellent ones as well.

Our favorite place for fish (we don't go during lobster season) is the Lobster Pot on Bermudiana Rd just to the left of the ferry terminal and up about 2 blocks. The fish is always fresh - different every day, and can be prepared several ways. Have the fish chowder with rum & sherry peppers for a kick. It's a red broth like Manhattan clam chowder - not creamy like New England. I love both kinds AND Bermuda Fish Chowder. Also banana fritters for dessert - so yummy.

The Hog Penny on Burnaby St (off of front by the Flagpole) always has good fish. I love the Fish and Chips and they also have the Bermuda Fish Chowder. Also very good! They have a pan seared rock fish - that they used to do in a Dark & Stormy sauce (rum & ginger beer). Sounds like they have changed up the recipe a bit, but it's got to be good. I've never had bad fish there. They also do banana fritters,

There's a place at Dockyard called the Bone Fish grill - no relation to the US chain. We've not eaten there so check the reviews. It's close to where the ships dock. We usually head for the Frog and Onion for the locally brewed beer. Their menu is mostly pub grub, but they have some decent fish dishes.

Most of these places are casual, but if you want something a bit more elegant, try the Barracuda Grill above the Hog Penny. It's the same owners, but it's got more fish dishes and a bit more ambiance.

As I said - there isn't a restaurant in Bermuda that doesn't offer a catch of the day - these are just our personal favorites

We tend to eat in Hamilton because it's close to where we stay.

• 1 month later...

Food Finds:

We just returned from a trip to Bermuda.

This trip we went around trying the Bermuda Fish Sandwich and Chowder at several places, and imho, Rosa's won hands down. It was delicious, colorful and just right. We also made the trip to Art Mel's in Hamilton via taxi ($20 round trip). Bought the sandwiches and had a lunch in the park. Could not even get through the entire half...it was that big! It was very good, but I would not go again. It is just too out of the way. The Wahoo's (St George's) fish sandwich was quite good, but nothing to write home about.

Bermuda Bistro by the Sea in Hamilton had great chowder...chunky and delicious. Pickled Onion has good chowder every time. Frog and Onion pub's and Wahoo's chowder are also good. My fav chowders were BB and Flannigan's. Flannigan's Lobster Curry is to die for!

Also, Bouchee (French Bistro) on Pitts Bay Road is fantastic for breakfast/brunch. The Eggs Benedict Rancheros are out of this universe

!This was our opinion about food, and I understand food tastes will be subjective.

Had two awesome fish salads.last week in the Dockyard. One from the Frog and Onion and the other from Bonefish Grill. One was marinated red snapper on greens with mangos and strawberries and lime vinagrette, really delicious. The other salad was wahoo on a bed of greens, another awesome salad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app