Has anyone tried the Beach Burger and Beer Excursion from Shore Excursions Group?

timelordjason

I am so curious about this. It looks peaceful and less crowded and love the idea of 6 beers a person. I am curious if anyone has tried this tour. In fact if you tried any of this companies tours let me know how they treated you. I have not seen any reviews of this tour and not many from this company at all. I want to be all aboard for this but with nothing much to research i am not sure what to expect. Any help would be appreciated.

It's up at Pillory Beach at the Bohio Resort. North of Cockburntown. Great beach, good snorkeling. Look up Bohio Resort for pics and information.

Yes, typically less crowded than the cruise port beaches, but all depends on the number of staying guests the resort has that day. They get first service. But maybe Shore Excursion has held out a separate area.

As I recall the food was pretty good, but been a while. Resort stayers like it. Can't opine on the burger. Turks Head is the beer on the island. They have a lager, an amber, a stout and are developing an IPA plus occasionally they have seasonals. Not the best beer rating on beer geek sites but nevertheless, one of the better breweries in the Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two companies with similar names. Shoreexcursioner,which is a middle marketing company that assists smaller vendors in attracting guests. And then there's Shore Excursion Group, with a similar business plan. Both operate in several ports throughout the Caribbean. I haven't used either of them, mostly because we typically DIY.

Not sure what SEG is bringing to the table or who they are contracting with on this particular excursion, but IMO, you can take a taxi to Bohio, and if they aren't fully booked with staying guests, you can get a lounger for a nominal charge ($10?) and then just buy your own burgers from their grill and beers from their bar. Probalby cost about the same total.