Queen Mary 2 -2015 world tour -how many people

Cape Cod Sally

Hi Sally! It was great to meet you on QE and I miss talking to you. Hope you are having a great time!

I wonder, are 600 doing the full WC or does that number include those taking longer segments as well? I know that there were quite a few on the roll call that were doing the full, but I can't imagine 600!:eek:

Yes, Last year on QM2 I knew there were only around 90 people as my friend Dennie ( you will know her ) told me when we met up in Lisbon.

QM2 had done the same world voyage around Australia since 2012 and I think many regular world cruisers went on QE last year has she had so many maiden ports of call and many in Japan. We had around 500 last year. 80 were Germans who did the full 120 days and the rest of us did 118. It was the longest world cruise Cunard had done so the Captain told us.

I think QM2 will have many next year as she is going to South America.

Hi, Sally!

Hope you are having a good time even with all the world cruisers. We met briefly at dinner before I had to get off in Fort Lauderdale.

I have to admit that at each world voyage event last year I would meet people that I had never seen before.

As Maggie stated, I think the number of world voyagers has a great deal to do with the itinerary. There were seven at the dinner table last year that were doing the full world voyage. One night we discussed why we had chosen that particular one. Most of us agreed that we were looking for a world voyage that did a complete circumnavigation so the QE was the choice for that year. The QM2 itinerary next year is very interesting and I think there will be far more world cruisers than the last few years.

BTW, send my regards to Eoin and Irene at the dinner table!

Kathi

Edited by Scrapnana

We travelled on the Hong Kong to Brisbane segment on QM2 and were told that only 200 or so were doing the full WC.

I have no way of knowing if this was correct as we heard it from a fellow passenger.

We travelled on the Hong Kong to Brisbane segment on QM2 and were told that only 200 or so were doing the full WC.

I have no way of knowing if this was correct as we heard it from a fellow passenger.

A current passenger has told me 220, so it seems like more than last year but not nearly as many as QE. Do we know how many are doing the full cruise on QV ?

Thank you all for your answers. Yes, I did meet Dennie last year. Kathy, I will say hello to Irene and Ian. They are very active members of our dining table! I enjoyed visiting with you,too, barbara and loved following your blog!

Am sure you are following this year's QE travels......... On the QM2 I loved the Atlantic Room as a gathering spot for the World Cruisers.

I agree, next year there will probably be more on board the Mary though talking with people on QE I have yet to find anyone who will do the World on the Mary. They all go back and forth between the QE and the Victoria.

Thanks for all you comments

Sally