Transportation from White Bay Cruise Terminal in Sydney

new2cruiseNE

Hello,

Forgive me if this question has already been asked. What is the best method for getting from White Bay Cruise Terminal to the Opera House or Botanical Gardens, etc. Taxi? or is there public transportation?

Thanks!

Taxi would be my suggestion. No Public transport from the terminal. The nearest is the bus about 1.5 klm's walk. Ferry is further, and over a steep hill. Light rail is about 3 klm's walk, the last bit being up stairs.:(

Public Transport appears to not have been a consideration when White Bay was being planned.:confused:

They ripped up an existing rail line to make the access road.:eek:

Thanks By The Bay,

We were hoping for a cheaper option but I guess not. We have a day in port before actually debarking the next day. So I guess taxis it will have to be.:( Wish we went to the other port.

If you want to cut costs, I suggest a taxi to Town Hall, which should cost about $20-25, depending on traffic. You are then right in the middle of the CBD with access to trains or buses to Circular Quay. You will need to use the Opal card system for the Trains or Buses. No charge for the card and maximum of $15 a day for unlimited travel on trains, buses and most ferries. Great way to see Sydney on the cheap. See https://www.opal.com.au/en/fares-and-benefits/opal_for_tourists/

You can obtain the card at many outlets. Have a look at

http://www.retailers.opal.com.au/, input Town Hall and there are 3 outlets within 60 metres.

Hope this helps you with your planning.;)

I would also go for the taxi option.....however if you are on a ship that is cruising "through" Australia and you have a full day stopover in Sydney , I think you may find that the cruise ship will organise some sort of shuttle for you . You may not find out any details of such a service until you are on board.