12:45 PM flight (Seattle) post cruise?

novalab

I need some advice before I make our daughter's flight reservations from Seattle after her Sept 2016 cruise. Is it possible to catch a flight leaving SeaTac at 12:30 PM? She will be sailing on RC/Explorer which arrives in port @ 6:00 AM. If she takes RC's self assist early debarkation option, with a pre-reserved shuttle reservation to the airport, would she make it in time for luggage check-in/ TSA check-in & boarding? I don't want her to have to stress about this after a nice relaxing cruise. There are only 2 nonstop flights back home (the later flight is at 5:30 PM). If possible, I would want to get her booked on the 12:30 PM flight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I need some advice before I make our daughter's flight reservations from Seattle after her Sept 2016 cruise. Is it possible to catch a flight leaving SeaTac at 12:30 PM? She will be sailing on RC/Explorer which arrives in port @ 6:00 AM. If she takes RC's self assist early debarkation option, with a pre-reserved shuttle reservation to the airport, would she make it in time for luggage check-in/ TSA check-in & boarding? I don't want her to have to stress about this after a nice relaxing cruise. There are only 2 nonstop flights back home (the later flight is at 5:30 PM). If possible, I would want to get her booked on the 12:30 PM flight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes, she can make the 12:30pm flight with the scenario you describe above.

My standard response to this question:

- SeaTac is a 30 minute drive from either pier but allow an hour due to road/tunnel construction, city events, sports events, and the usual congestion.

- you should arrive at SeaTac 2 hrs prior to flight departure time.

So .... backing into that, her ride should be pulling away from the pier by 9:30am.

• 4 weeks later...

This past Sunday SeaTac was an absolute madhouse. :eek: I've never seen anything like it. That said, I took the HAL bus to the airport and didn't have any problems getting there and checked thru for a 1:15 pm flight - plenty of time to relax and even have a sit down lunch. My flight ended up not leaving until 2:45. There were loads of delayed flights.

SW had a tent in the parking lot with kiosks and scales. The bus pulled in and those of us with SW flights were able to dispose of our bags on the spot. The others had to deal with the chaos inside the terminal.

Roz

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure by now you've already booked her flight, but 12:30pm flight is no problem.

I had an 11:18am flight from Sea-Tac a few weeks ago. I was on the Solstice, but we docked right across from the RCL, also at 6am. I did self walk off at 7:30am. The line to walk-off started to move a few minutes early and I was in a cab by 7:34am! And at the airport by 8:05. I then checked my bag, went through security and took the train to my terminal. I was soooo early for my flight.

Unless there is some rare problem, you should have no worries.

There should be no problem. We got off the ship last Saturday at 8AM and took the cab to the airport, checked in our luggage and went through Security and were at the gate at 9AM. Our plane left at 11:35. There are 4 TSA separate stations and we took the one in the left center of the airport, which was the less crowded.