Assigned Riviera Deck

huskywa

This is the first time I have ever posted. My husband and I booked an ocean view guarantee on the 11-day Caribbean cruise on Triumph departing from Galveston on February 9th. We booked this cruise on Nov 19 to celebrate my 60th birthday. We have both cruised with Carnival on three previous cruses. After I began looking at this cruise online, we began to get calls from a PVP. We decided to book this cruise, so I called the PVP back. I had the impression she was very new as she had to check with her supervisor for each question I had. I have tried to reach her to ask a couple of questions since we booked, and I get just whomever answers the phone. I don't believe the person we booked through is even working there anymore. When I booked, the PVP told us we should get a very good upgrade because we have sailed with Carnival previously and we are celebrating a special occasion. We got our room assignment yesterday--1274. It's on the lowest possible floor. We were hoping for what we considered to be a better room than the lowest possible. I know you need to be happy with the category guarantee you've chosen and have never been disappointed before. I'm not sure if this is considered a good room or not. It's supposed to have a large window, 220 square feet, a convertible sofa and a pull down from the wall bed. On some ship diagrams it is shown as a connecting room. From what I've read on here, you can hear the people in the room next to you if you have a connecting room. If anyone has stayed in this room type or knows anything about the Riviera deck rooms, please let me know. Please don't tell me I should be happy with the type of guaranteed chosen. We, like many, people were trying to save money and live on fixed incomes.

I wouldn't worry about it. I was in an OV on main deck on the Conquest. The view of the water is wonderful! And the cabin is really big! Also, the likelihood of your neighbors being a noisy family is less because of it being a longer cruise during school. Not impossible, but less likely.

If it is simply unacceptable, you'll have to upgrade to a cabin you choose at whatever the rate is now. That may be possible at a reasonable rate if they have many cabins left. Check the rates for all categories and see. Some people are able to upgrade to a balcony close to sailing for very little extra money because they want to sell them and so reduce the price.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Bruce:

The OP didn't come back to thank you for that link, but she did repost on the Carnival board.

Not sure why folks can't be polite enough to return with a "thanks for pointing me in the right direction", but that's the way it is.

Bruce:

The OP didn't come back to thank you for that link, but she did repost on the Carnival board.

Not sure why folks can't be polite enough to return with a "thanks for pointing me in the right direction", but that's the way it is.

Very thoughtful of you. Thank you!

Bruce:

It happens all too often.

But many of us will still continue to help others whether or not they thank us.

Oh, I know this well.

But it intrigues me whether:

A) They click on one of y(our) links to repost the question in the appropriate forum

or

B) They even come back and look for a reply to their inquiry

and

C) Whether they bother to thank anyone for their guidance.

You guys (Bruce especially) have WAAAAY more patience than I do (but I'm sure you already figured this out about me!)