First time cruise with kids: Western or Eastern Caribbeans

FamilyWithKids2

Hello everyone,

We are planning our first cruise with Royal Caribbean for June, 2017.

It will be part of a month trip in USA: two adults (40+) and two kids (ages 8 and 13).

We are debating between two options:

1. Harmony of the Seas to Western Caribbean (Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel)

2. Oasis of the Seas to Eastern Caribbean (Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Marteen)

We love beautiful white-sand beaches, and would like to have a swim with dolphins.

The younger child is not ready yet for a snorkeling tour, but the older child loves adventures (e.g. parasail etc.)

Which of these itineraries will be nicer? What about the weather in late June?

I am not a Jamaica fan but also not a Nassau fan. If dolphins are important, Chankanaab in Cozumel is the best you can find. You can save money by booking directly. St Thomas and St Martin have lovely beaches. So I don't think you can go wrong with either but I would probably lean to Western.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although I have not been on Oasis, I have been on Harmony and with the waterslides and Abyss, I would lean towards that one. In Jamaica and Labadee, they have zip line. The one in Jamaica looks amazing, Labadee is over the water (but super pricy). Cozumel has some cool excursions that were already mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We are also not a fan of Jamaica ..

As of mother with young kids 8 and 5 I did not feel safe there one bit .. We took an excursion with RCCL and we were going to the beach when we got to the beach there were several people just lurking around. We went into the water and tried our best to keep and eye on things and even still they went through all of our things. Luckily I had all of the money I brought shoved in a pack of tissues so they never saw it.

Then on another trip we took there on the way to the beach they had us sign a waiver saying they were not responsible for anything at all that happened to you or your belongings and if you didn't sign they wouldn't let you off of the bus. And I should also mention this was also another excursion through RCCL.

It is beautiful there don't get me wrong but our safety is more important and when you are traveling by yourself that's one thing but when you are with smaller kids I would never take the chance agin and would just stay onboard.

Hello everyone,

We are planning our first cruise with Royal Caribbean for June, 2017.

It will be part of a month trip in USA: two adults (40+) and two kids (ages 8 and 13).

We are debating between two options:

1. Harmony of the Seas to Western Caribbean (Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel)

2. Oasis of the Seas to Eastern Caribbean (Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Marteen)

We love beautiful white-sand beaches, and would like to have a swim with dolphins.

The younger child is not ready yet for a snorkeling tour, but the older child loves adventures (e.g. parasail etc.)

Which of these itineraries will be nicer? What about the weather in late June?