San Francisco hop on, hop off bus or Bart?

Definitely hop on/off bus is best for tourist attractions. BART is a great way to get to some parts of the city, but not all. For example you can't get to golden gate park on BART, but if you want to go to union square BART (or walking) is the way to go.

Definitely hop on/off bus is best for tourist attractions. BART is a great way to get to some parts of the city, but not all. For example you can't get to golden gate park on BART, but if you want to go to union square BART (or walking) is the way to go.

Thank you for your reply. What we have here are several people who do not know the area, at all. Do you know the name of the hop on/off bus? Is there a company that they should look for?

I know my friends want to go and see all of the sites. I seem to remember that someone mentioned Little Italy.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again! :)

I would go on Yelp or trip advisor for specific companies. We are locals but did this type of tour last fall and had so much fun! We used Big Bus tours (I think).

Little Italy is called North Beach, BTW :).

Julie

Thank you Julie. That is so nice of you. I will have them look for Big Bus tours. And I'll make sure to tell my friends that they want to go to North Beach :)

If you can think of anything else, please post it!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf are two majaor stops where the majority of the people buy their tickets and get on or off. Everybody likes to sit on top but be sure to bring coats.

Thank you. I will tell everyone to bring coats.

I wonder if that would be the same bus vendor that the cruise lines use?

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to take pictures from the park. But, you need to get there. Tour busses are prohibited from driving down the street. They are located on Steiner St. between Hayes and Fulton. The park is called Alamo Square.

Easy to take pictures from the park. But, you need to get there. Tour busses are prohibited from driving down the street. They are located on Steiner St. between Hayes and Fulton. The park is called Alamo Square.

What would be the best way to get there? Are they near the HOHO route?

you could go on 511.org and look at route for 5 fulton muni bus...and then spend what time you want. the local neighborhood..nopa...has turned into a destination...used to be dangerous.