Port of Boston to BOS

bigblue82

Least expensive is the Silver Line - $2.50/pp

Cab is $25-30.

You can also check out Enterprise which is in South Boston - folks have posted that they reimburse your cab fare.

Give us more details please. Are you renting and returning in Boston? One way rental? Where are you headed with the car?

I'm asking this because many rental car companies also have downtown locations that could be cheaper to get to for a car pickup. The airport may not be the best choice depending on where you are going in the car.

Thanks 138. Picking up/returning an AVIS car at BOS. Going to the Cape for the weekend (Fri-Sun, May 2015), staying in Eastham. Not stuck on AVIS or the airport. Just looking for something economical and easy (since we will have our cruise luggage).

For Avis I might just take a cab. Avis is just off property in East Boston and a cab should not be subject to the Logan surcharge, but you might have a tunnel toll. I'm really not sure exactly what the rules are, but you can ask.

OK, thanks for the option and your help! Would that be the 3 Center Plaza, Boston, MA-(BO2) location? Or the 100 Clarendon St., Boston, MA-(BO4) location? Do you know if either location has a shuttle to the airport when we return the car?

Neither - those are downtown Boston Locations. Avis at Logan is a 210-218 Porter Street and they should have a shuttle to the terminals.

If you're going to the Cape, rent and return at Logan. It will be worth it to just go through the Ted Williams Tunnel, pay the toll, and have easy access to I93 South. You really don't want to explore the wonders of driving in downtown Boston unless you know where you're going.

Neither - those are downtown Boston Locations. Avis at Logan is a 210-218 Porter Street and they should have a shuttle to the terminals.

As of this past September, all airport rental car companies, including Avis (and Thrifty which was in Revere) are located at the consolidated rental car facility. There is a single shuttle that serves between the terminals and the rental car facility.

If you're going to the Cape, rent and return at Logan. It will be worth it to just go through the Ted Williams Tunnel, pay the toll, and have easy access to I93 South. You really don't want to explore the wonders of driving in downtown Boston unless you know where you're going.

Thanks!! That's what I thought.

• 1 month later...
Cab is $25-30.

Spoke with Top Cab, & was told there is a $7 Ted Williams Tunnel charge, plus a $7 airport access charge.

You can also check out Enterprise which is in South Boston - folks have posted that they reimburse your cab fare.

Spoke with this Enterprise location today about the We'll Pick You Up service. They don't do that for cruise passengers anymore, & no mention of cab reimbursement.