grill rooms

seapenarth

looking forward to a TA crossing which I hope to book soon. Have sailed Cunard in QE2 and others but QM is new to us. We like eating at time we wish but are Grill rooms worth extra.:confused:

The best advice that I can give you is to read the review 'Reflections of RMS Queen Mary 2' by Kindlychap on page two of the listings.

Matthew is clearly a connoisseur of all things Cunard and his in-depth review will help you to decide whether or not the extra cost of grill accomations is worth it.

looking forward to a TA crossing which I hope to book soon. Have sailed Cunard in QE2 and others but QM is new to us. We like eating at time we wish but are Grill rooms worth extra.:confused:

Yes, even if it is to avoid the Pol Acker.;)

Paul

A good way to look at it is to take the difference in cost, divide that by the number of meals you may eat in the different dining rooms and then see if the cost per meal is worth it. Disregarding cabin size, the difference in cost per meal could be a real eye opener.

We have sailed on the QE2 and the QM2. The size of the Britannia level cabins may almost be the equivalent to the size of some of the grill rooms on the QE2. They were quite comfortable, especially the ones with a balcony, which gives you the illusion of more space.

But then, I'm a Capricorn and known for being practical.

QM2 Britannia: 280ish sq ft incl balcony

QM2 Q6: 504 sq ft incl balcony

QE2 Q2 355 sq ft incl balcony

But until recently and the news abut her demise QE2 was a lot cheaper.

I feel the extra space is worth every penny, but might not in other circumstances and nb Britannia Club does give you single sitting dining.

Actually if you look in the Concise Oxford dictionary it should be spelt with two 'm's and one s in the plural but this of course all depends on how much Pol Acker one partakes in, as the night wears on ones speeling mey go dun hull cumpletaly.....hic!!!! :D :D

Back on topic!

(I know, I know, dirty word and all that)

The reference to my discussion made earlier in the thread is in my signature.

I was very impressed with Britannia Club. The service was as good as anything I'd ever had on Cunard, and the food very good indeed. The best bit was having a whole evening to dine - very much more civilised.

The downside is that the cabin is standard Britannia, which means no bath, but if you don't spend much time in your cabin then it would be fine. If you spend more time in your cabin you may want more in the way of luxury.

Only you can say if the extra cost is "worth it". But look at the price of AA compared to Queens' Grill, and then think that you'd effectively be able to do a back to back in AA for the price of a westbound in Queens' Grill and you'd have a very powerful argument.

Matthew

Actually if you look in the Concise Oxford dictionary it should be spelt with two 'm's and one s in the plural but this of course all depends on how much Pol Acker one partakes in, as the night wears on ones speeling mey go dun hull cumpletaly.....hic!!!! :D :D

I'll drink anything if its in a nice glass, hic!:o

The Concise Oxford dictionary, eh? Sorry, I was too lazy to look that up properly, I just asked Google and got the wrong answer:mad: .

Apologies to curlyQ:) .

Lorraine!

I didn't know you were Scottish. I thought you were from up where Malcolm is from....Which explains a lot, don't you think! <G>

Karie,

who is being BAD

Yes. We don't throw parties in our cabin, so we don't need the butler which QG provides. We like PG on the QM2 and, to us anyway, it is worth the extra cost. You will love the QM2, whatever your cabin. Bon Voyage.

Paul

Hi Nina,

We were up in Pickering just last weekend. Super little town we loved it there. We left the car at Goathland and took the steam train down. Spent an hour or so walking around Pickering, had lunch on the station and got another old steam train back. We couldn't get over the beautiful scenery of the North Yorkshire moors with all the pink and purple heather everywhere. We did Whitby, Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington before heading home. Wonderful!

Hi Karie,

No I am not Scottish but Yorkshire and very proud of it, we taught the Scottish to be tight with money. The first phrase any Yorkshire child learns is "HOW MUCH!!" I must confess to, and being proud of having Scottish ancestors who were shipwrecked off the coast of Yorkshire and settled here hundreds of years ago.......that was the last time any of our family sailed!!!!

We did Whitby, Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington before heading home. Wonderful!

Filey and Bridlington are two places that do not go well with the word "wonderful":eek: Whitby and Scarborough are just about OK in nice weather (still not wonderful though)!:D

Archived