POA specialty restaurants

Obsessedwithplanning

What is the dress code in the specialty restaurants.

I've read that attire on POA is a bit relaxed. Since we are packing for four of us for 13 days we were not planning on fancy clothes or even dressy ones. We did plan on a few outfits of dockers, izods and boat shoes for the guys and capris, sandals and nice tops for the girls but that was as dressy as I was planning.

Regular restaurants have suited us just fine on prior cruises (mostly Royal Carribean) so that is all we planned.

I found out yesterday from my travel agent we have a slight price drop and free ultimate dining now. I'm not sure I want the ultimate dining if it means having to pack more. Thinking of asking her to change it to one of the other promotions if available.

I've read that attire on POA is a bit relaxed. Since we are packing for four of us for 13 days we were not planning on fancy clothes or even dressy ones. We did plan on a few outfits of dockers, izods and boat shoes for the guys and capris, sandals and nice tops for the girls but that was as dressy as I was planning.

Regular restaurants have suited us just fine on prior cruises (mostly Royal Carribean) so that is all we planned.

I found out yesterday from my travel agent we have a slight price drop and free ultimate dining now. I'm not sure I want the ultimate dining if it means having to pack more. Thinking of asking her to change it to one of the other promotions if available.

There is no restaurant on board, specialty or otherwise, that you cannot dress as you expected. The aft MDR and Le Bistro on all NCL ships requires long pants but they can be dockers or jeans. No jackets or ties required. You can wear shorts if you like in the others.

• 2 weeks later...

As everyone else has said, polo shirts and Docker style pants will be perfectly fine. We had quite a few people in jeans in each restaurant as well.

The UDP is worth every penny. While the food wasn't the most amazing I've ever had, it was still very good. We didn't really care for the MDR and the buffet food was disgusting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Freehike

Rule of thumb for dressing in Hawaii:

Formal - Aloha shirt is tucked in

Informal - Aloha shirt is left untucked :D

The Bistro is the only specialty restaurant with a fancier dress code, from what I recall. Other specialty restaurants you can show up in shorts and will be OK. The UDP is very much worth it, especially as a promotion!! We took full advantage.

~Katy

• 8 months later...

Hi, I have a group of 12 going on the Pride of America in Oct. Can you tell me what time the evening shows are? I want to make specialty dining reservations but most of the group will also want to be able to see the shows. I was thinking 6:30 or 7 PM. One show I am really interested in is Oh What a Night...are there two shows or one for that show...and how about the rest?

Thanks!!

Hi, I have a group of 12 going on the Pride of America in Oct. Can you tell me what time the evening shows are? I want to make specialty dining reservations but most of the group will also want to be able to see the shows. I was thinking 6:30 or 7 PM. One show I am really interested in is Oh What a Night...are there two shows or one for that show...and how about the rest?

Thanks!!

According to recent "Freestyle Dailies" the theatre show times were at 7:00 and 9:00 pm every night. Oh What a Night was performed on Wednesday night at those times.

Edited by punkincc

We loved the UDP. Le Bistro is the only specialty restaurant with dress code, and even that is not very dressy. You will be fine. You can even wear shorts in the others. I hope you keep the UDP--the specialty restaurants are better than the main dining rooms, and some of them are fun experiences as well!

Yes, do keep the dining package. This is a wonderful perk. As noted, only one of them even requires long pants for men, and even dockers or jeans are ok. You will see very few people who are dressed up.

The atmosphere in the specialties is so much quieter and more relaxing the the MDRs. And the food is really excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

We loved the UDP! Casual is definitely okay. We did not go to the Bistro, but everywhere else had people who wore dresses and others who were wearing denim shorts and t-shirts. No need to pack extra clothes to take advantage of the UDP. :)