18 Night Voyage of Discovery Oct. 2018...

tgmtgm

Greetings! Excited to have booked my very first Azamara cruise. 😀 Going solo in a minimum category balcony cabin due to the reasonable single supplement offered. I was wondering since this particular voyage encompasses a region of the world that many of my fellow Americans are fearful of, will I be in the minority of represented nationalities? Not an issue whatsoever for me, but curious none the less.

Tony

Hello tgmtgm,

All of our voyages have a broad mix of nationalities. It's hard to predict what the final percentage of each nationality will be on 10/13/18 when the Azamara Quest departs Pireaus on the 18-night Voyage of Discovery. But I'd venture a guess that there will be a large contingent from the UK aboard, as well as many other European nationalities. Not so much because Americans are fearful but because Europeans are much more familiar with these countries and seas, having centuries of trade, and friends and family who have toured and brought back their travel stories. Plus the travel distance is easier for Europeans than for Americans. But in spite of all this I'd also guess Americans will make up at least 50%, since the US market is still the largest cruising market.

I hope you'll come back on this thread in 2018 and let us know what the final breakdown of nationalities is. (It will be published in the Daily Pursuit onboard.)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1539403200/18-night-voyage-of-discovery

Hello tgmtgm,

All of our voyages have a broad mix of nationalities. It's hard to predict what the final percentage of each nationality will be on 10/13/18 when the Azamara Quest departs Pireaus on the 18-night Voyage of Discovery. But I'd venture a guess that there will be a large contingent from the UK aboard, as well as many other European nationalities. Not so much because Americans are fearful but because Europeans are much more familiar with these countries and seas, having centuries of trade, and friends and family who have toured and brought back their travel stories. Plus the travel distance is easier for Europeans than for Americans. But in spite of all this I'd also guess Americans will make up at least 50%, since the US market is still the largest cruising market.

I hope you'll come back on this thread in 2018 and let us know what the final breakdown of nationalities is. (It will be published in the Daily Pursuit onboard.)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1539403200/18-night-voyage-of-discovery

Thank you for the quick reply! I look forward to the varied types of nationalities onboard, as well as experiencing Azamara's style of cruising. 😃

Tony

Greetings! Excited to have booked my very first Azamara cruise. Going solo in a minimum category balcony cabin due to the reasonable single supplement offered. I was wondering since this particular voyage encompasses a region of the world that many of my fellow Americans are fearful of, will I be in the minority of represented nationalities? Not an issue whatsoever for me, but curious none the less.

Tony

I have been on this itinerary a couple of years ago and they was a nice mix of nationalities. I was told by a B2B cruiser that the cruise before had a much larger number of US citizens, and that many dissembarked because they were concerned about security issues. It was a lovely itinerary with an interesting display of enhanced security because of a pirates risk. I am certainly coming back.

Hi tgmtgm, just wondered if you have signed up on the Roll Call for this cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Howdy! Yes, I've signed up for the roll call. It's rather meager right now, but that's to be expected. Hopefully it picks up with participants between now and next year. 😉

Tony

I have been on this itinerary a couple of years ago and they was a nice mix of nationalities. I was told by a B2B cruiser that the cruise before had a much larger number of US citizens, and that many dissembarked because they were concerned about security issues. It was a lovely itinerary with an interesting display of enhanced security because of a pirates risk. I am certainly coming back.

Thank you, travelberlin. That was my assumption as well in regards to security issues. I don't pass judgement on anyone and their level of comfort in traveling to certain areas of our great planet that at times seem draped in turmoil. I travel with an open mind and try to experience a destination beyond the negative headlines. Otherwise, life would be too short and very boring. Lol

Tony