Airport transfers from Canada Place

midwestchick

We disembark in Vancouver and fly home the same day. Do I need to book a transfer in advance or will taxis be readily available to take us to YVR? We arrive at 7:00 A.M. but our flight isn't until 1:30 so we have plenty of time.

Its pretty easy to get from the port to YVR, take the Skytrain from waterfront station directly to the airport. It would probably be quicker than a taxi, and taxis are hard to come by in Vancouver. We currently dont have Uber or Lyft.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

Thoughts....

• if your ship is solo... getting a taxi should have minimal delays.
  • It's about $35 ($27 USD) for the cab carload for door to door service for the 30 minute ride.
  • Unless the taxi line is more than 15 minutes.... I would take the cab. While the subway is about the same travel time... it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the train platform and additional time to figure out the ticket machine, as well as navigating the elevators with luggage. Not pleasant dragging luggage on a hot day or a rainy day. Hmm.... I think you are debarking on June 9th. There is a Friday double zone subway surcharge.
  • the subway is underground... no views for 2/3rd of the journey.
  • if the cruise terminal taxi line is long..... on the way out of the cruise terminal to the subway station. Look at the Pan Pacific and Waterfront hotel taxi queue when you exit the cruise terminal. The hotel taxi lines may be significantly shorter!
  • Vancouver is a great bonus port to spend a few extra days.

Here's a possible timeline....

• sleep in, pack, and enjoy the late breakfast
  • 9:15am debark the ship by walking the gangway
  • 9:45am join the cab line
  • 10:30am arrive at airport for your check-in, luggage drop off, customs, and complimentary security searches (inquire about the private, VIP, secondary experience)
  • 1:30pm wheels up with dreams on returning to your bonus port as you didn't plan enough time

Here's a possible timeline....

• sleep in, pack, and enjoy the late breakfast
  • 9:15am debark the ship by walking the gangway
  • 9:45am join the cab line
  • 10:30am arrive at airport for your check-in, luggage drop off, customs, and complimentary security searches (inquire about the private, VIP, secondary experience)
  • 1:30pm wheels up with dreams on returning to your bonus port as you didn't plan enough time

Where do I inquire about the private VIP secondary service? Never heard of it. We spent a few days in Vancouver last fall before our Pacific Coastal cruise. We've added days in Anchorage pre cruise.