Turtles at The Boatyard

Spikey M

Hi,

Has anybody been to The Boatyard in Barbados to swim with the Turtles? If so do you know what time the trips run? We only really have 1 day in which we can do it and we already have a trip booked for the morning. Would we be able to do so here in the Afternoon?

Thanks,

Ashley

Hi,

Has anybody been to The Boatyard in Barbados to swim with the Turtles? If so do you know what time the trips run? We only really have 1 day in which we can do it and we already have a trip booked for the morning. Would we be able to do so here in the Afternoon?

Thanks,

Ashley

Yes,have been to the Boatyard. The trips run constantly. I think it shouldn't be a problem to do it in the afternoon. There is a fellow who will ride you out to the ship wrecks and find some turtles for you to swim with. Just ask the staff at the Boatyard. But if I was to do it again I would just walk about a 1/4 mile down the beach and snorkel out to the wrecks and watch out for turtles.

Question

Has anybody used any of the surf schools or surf board rental businesses while docked in Barbados during a cruise recently? Any thoughts / recommendations?

Cheers

Bill & Liz

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just got back and went with Neville near Boatyard. Amazing!!

What are the prices? Do they take credit card?

Looks like to get into the boatyard its $15 for adults and $12 for kids?

Boatyard is great. I believe we paid $12 a couple of years ago for adults which includes clean bathrooms, security, a drink coupon, and a ride back to the port.

We didn't go out with the turtle tour but we did see it running all day. We did however rent jet skis from other vendors at the beach. They will tell you to deal with 'these individuals' on the other side of the pier so they don't bother you all day. When we went out with the jet skis we gave our bags with our $$ and cameras to the bartenders who put them securely up high on top of the bar.

Great place we've actually been twice. Once 1/2 day after a tour and then second time directly there to chillax for the day. Happy hour is about every other hour

Price has gone up to $15 per person, worth every penny. Get there early for umbrella, padded lounger, drink coupon, clean restrooms, free wifi & ride back to port.

Price has gone up to $15 per person, worth every penny. Get there early for umbrella, padded lounger, drink coupon, clean restrooms, free wifi & ride back to port.

how did you get there was it a taxi from port or did you catch a bus think i read somewhere it takes about 45 mins and how much is it for sunloungers :)

As others stated we really enjoyed our time here as well. From reading this thread our trip went perfect.

It was indeed $5 per person for a taxi but that includes trip back to the ship.

It was $15 per adult and they charged $12 for my 8 year old to get in. Included wristband with drink tear off tab.

We got there about 9:30 and grabbed two chairs and a umbrella but on the second row...still fine. As soon as we grabbed our chairs vendors approached us about the turtles. It was $20 for adult and $10 for my daughter. Well worth the money and guess what, Nevil was our guide!

He has a little glass bottom boat (which was cool, we saw numerous star fish) and we only had my 4, another family of 4 and a family of 2. Very cool experience and he is a great guide. He was able to bring the turtles in for a hands on experience. After we left the turtles we went over to the ship wreck which was teaming with fish and coral.

Once we finished we got to enjoy the beach at the boatyard. My daughter did not come out of the water the whole time. My son did the rope swing and enjoyed the free wifi with his cruise buddies. The beach is so soft, probably best sand I have been to. Water is awesome. You cant beat this deal, go for it!

Thanks for the great review 4x4TX. We're planning on getting to The Boatyard at around 10:30AM. Think we'll be okay getting chairs?

Sure no problem. I think you will be ok at 10:30 to get a couple of chairs but could be on 3rd row...also is there another ship in port at the same time? If yes the earlier the better. Nevil also said the turtles are more active early too so don't wait too late to get out there if you can. Good luck and have fun!

Sure no problem. I think you will be ok at 10:30 to get a couple of chairs but could be on 3rd row...also is there another ship in port at the same time? If yes the earlier the better. Nevil also said the turtles are more active early too so don't wait too late to get out there if you can. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks. There is one other ship in port with us that day. We're doing a Harrison's Cave tour at 9:00am and then heading to The Boatyard right afterwards. Fingers crossed it won't be too busy! :)

Does Neville provide life jackets? How much did he charge per person? Thanks!

I am also interested in the lifejackets. Also how long was Nevilles tour?

Thanks you for the updated review, this sounds like fun.

Does Neville provide life jackets? How much did he charge per person? Thanks!

Yes he has life jackets...I just layed on mine or just held it with one hand.

We paid $20 for adults and $10 for kids.

I am also interested in the lifejackets. Also how long was Nevilles tour?

Thanks you for the updated review, this sounds like fun.

I'd say the tour was about 1.5hrs or just a tad over...probably 45 minutes at both places you get into the water and 5-10 min ride and to get set up

I'd say the tour was about 1.5hrs or just a tad over...probably 45 minutes at both places you get into the water and 5-10 min ride and to get set up

sounds like a great option. Thanks you for the info.

Thanks, 4x4TX...Are you from Texas...I live in Spring...any good recommendations for lunch while there...love seafood! :D

I am! Houston here...they had food there at the boatyard, my son said his $14 burger was good lol ...to be honest I ate breakfast on the boat and wouldn't eat again till I got back on the boat so can't say about any seafood recs