Need Help In Understanding Perks

FireEater

Am new to X and was looking over perks for the loyalty program. After my first cruise with X in November, I will be "Classic". What does the following 2 perks mean?

• Use of the Loyalty Desk service center between cruises

• Access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

Does that mean concierge services to help book things on and off the ship? Off the ship meaning private tours, etc?

You can call the Captain's Club for assistance if needed before your next cruise with any assistance needed and there is a designated person on board for the same. They offer assistance with whatever. That includes finding a person for a private tour. These perks have a value subject to debate.

Before any cruise suggest simply going to your roll call and you should find all sort of help on tours, go to the port review area for more info on operators people have found to offer good tours, and read the various port reviews. Do not need to have cruised to do any of those things.

Am new to X and was looking over perks for the loyalty program. After my first cruise with X in November, I will be "Classic". What does the following 2 perks mean?

• Use of the Loyalty Desk service center between cruises

• Access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

Does that mean concierge services to help book things on and off the ship? Off the ship meaning private tours, etc?

Loyalty host means the hosts on board and the CC phone numbers to book new cruises. Concierge is available to everyone on the ship irregardless of cabin or status.

Edited by dkjretired

Good to know...

Thanks....

Yea, I usually look over all the web pages I can find, including trip advisor and the roll call pages. I was just not sure if all passengers get "concierge services" without paying for the concierge cabins....

Mike, the "Concierge Service" is not a service like with a land based Hotel, ect. I have never experienced them booking any off ship services, or private tours. And there are also no 'special' services when booked in a Concierge level cabin. Ya would think they could have come up with a better name for that level cabin.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

Mike, the "Concierge Service" is not a service like with a land based Hotel, ect. I have never experienced them booking any off ship services, or private tours. And there are also no 'special' services when booked in a Concierge level cabin. Ya would think they could have come up with a better name for that level cabin.

EW

O-well.

Looking ahead at my last cruise booked next April on MSC...they will bend over backwards and make the moon reachable it sounds if I asked....even will help in booking a private tour.....but that is while staying in their yacht club...not sure if all levels would get that offer...

.....Yea, I usually look over all the web pages I can find, including trip advisor and the roll call pages. I was just not sure if all passengers get "concierge services" without paying for the concierge cabins....
Yes, all passengers have access to the the services of the ship's concierge. It is similar to using the concierge services at a land based hotel.

Celebrity had a concierge on their ships long before they had concierge cabins.

We have used the services of the ship's concierge several times to assist in making special off-ship arrangements that we needed, even when we were not traveling in concierge class cabins.

Now, to add to the confusion, even though there is no special concierge for concierge class passengers, they have recently added a special Michael's Club concierge just for suite and Zenith passengers. :)

This confusion about the use of the term "concierge" on Celebrity ships is similar to the confusion about the way they use the term "aqua" for the aqua class cabins as well as for the aqua spa cafe, which has always been available to all Celebrity passengers, long before the ships ever had aqua class cabins.

Edited by fleckle