Any Suggestions for Hotels in Cpenhagen?

Just back from Copenhagen.

We stayed one night pre-cruise at the Tivoli Hotel and were very pleased. A little further out from "downtown" but very close to Tivoli Gardens and Central Station. A bit too far for us to comfortably walk with our luggage, though. There was free WiFi and our reservation included access to a lounge for snacks and continental breakfast as well as access to Tivoli Gardens. Great roof-top bar that we enjoyed on an unusually warm afternoon. The hotel is air conditioned.

We stayed one night post-cruise at the Copenhagen Admiral. On the water front right near Amalianburg. Easy to get to Ny Haven and the famous Little Mermaid, too.

The hotel was very nice but we had thought that we had read about it being air conditioned. We were mistaken. Our room had a table fan and with the window open and fan running, we slept comfortably. The bathroom here was quite small. Kind of like still being on the ship only it had a tub.

We found that they had free WiFi for 24 hours. Enter your email and receive 10 minute grace period so that you can receive a link via email. I didn't get the email so I applied several times and used the grace periods on my phone.

I can't give advice on price as we were fortunate enough to cash in some credit card points. I did hear that the Admiral runs @ $300.00. We did not have any extras included in our package.

WHile in Copenhagen I didnt feel compelled to stay right by Tivoli. I stayed closer to Nyhavn and got a great rate pre post cruise at the hotel Phoenix. I booked this direct on their website and we were delighted with the hotel itself as well as with the location. We enjoyed watching the changing of the Palace Guard right from our window daily and had easy walking access to the waterfront, Mermaid, and palaces as well as the Stroget, museums, and Tivoli in the other direction. Highly recommend.

I just booked the Marriott also. After reading all the reviews about air conditioning, I decided it was a must for me in July. Even though it may not get very hot in Copenhagen, I almost always use a/c in a hotel and I really need it to be a happy human. I read countless reviews on the Trip Advisor and decided that the Marriott ticked off quite a few boxes. I've been to Copenhagen before, so I know how good the location is. And it's really just a short walk to Nyhaven also.

Tivoli is an amusement park- with a lake and white lights. It is was not particularly thrilling for me but my then 8 year old loved it.

I stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen for two nights and it was just ok. The breakfast is really good and they have a nice bar/ restaurant there. The rooms are low Scandinavian beds. The windows are were weird- sort of narrow and the flooring was vinyl. Depressing rooms IMO.

We later stayed at the Airport Hilton which was fantastic (with all the creature comforts typical of Hiltons) and it was a breeze to get to Tivoli and the points in the city via the airport light rail train.

Archived